Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Seriously...

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By uberpwner93

The other day was first in-depth time playing a PS3. I played NBA 2K8 and Motorstorm. My cousin is only 10 so he doesn't have any really good games. But I was very suck in to it for some reason. Which is a bad thing because...

1. I don't have one.
    2. I want one.

I could save up and buy it, but there are some many games coming out. Fable 2, Fallout 3, Rock Band 2, Gears 2, the list goes on. I have a 360, but I want to play some good ol' wholesome Sony gaming. My birthday is in September, and I usually get at least $150. I also want the Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection.

So what should I do? Save up for a PS3 I probably won't get till Christmas, or buy these games and get a PS3 way later?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
    deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

RBA and Motorstorm? Those games are like, almost 3 years old lol.

I would save up for a PS3 now, then get the games... Mainly because you can do a lot on the PS3 without games, but you can't do shit with games and no PS3. :P

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Clean

save up for one later down the road

Mourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mourne

I would just keep the 360 and wait on the PS3 until later. No offense, but RB2 comes out for 360 first, and it will almost definitely be better on 360 (as the original was). I would wait until Christmas and re-evaluate how you want to go about getting a PS3.

Personally, the PS3 just doesn't offer the right things to me, as a consumer. There's too many cross-over games with the 360--games of which are actually better on 360, due to either the far-superior online play or the all-around Xbox experience--and 360 exclusives/earlier shipped versions that are just better. While Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 (ack) aren't out yet, I would stick with the 360 for now and see what comes out of the Sony house down the road. I just can't bring myself to buy a PS3 at its current price with the lack of superb exclusives and terrible online play. Currently, I just play the PS3 whenever I go to my friend's house, and I've played through nearly all of the marquee titles.

So, my opinion: Stick with 360 until you're more suited to spend all that money on a PS3. By then, you'll know for sure whether you want more 360 games/etc or a PS3.

NotaStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NotaStalker

uncharted. you should get that.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Batman

Since Little Big Planet looks like the only good PS3 game coming out soon I'd say get the games.  Save up and get a PS3 for next year when more games come out.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Nets

Really, you have just as much access to sites like IGN as us to find out what games you want, and the info. you would need.

On another note, in my opinion of course, PS3 has some great games coming out this year besides Little Big Planet.

1. Disgea 3   2. Socom: Confrontation   3. Resistance 2   4. Valkria Chronicles  5. Motorstorm: Pacific Rift  6. Tekkan 6? 7. (Little Big Planet)

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rowr

spend your money on the new games.

i doubt you will be able to resist in anycase, unless you have super discipline.

Once you are done with those games you can resell them to go towards your ps3 fund. That way you get the best of both idees.

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd save up for the PS3. Or if you really wanted. Buy just 1/2 the games you're looking forward to now and save that other cash towards your new system. That way you get some new gaming on your 360 and your that much closer to owning a PS3.

tobidacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tobidacid

Get a job.

LooM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LooM

You won't go wrong by getting a ps3.. You could always discuss whether the 360 or the ps3 has the best/most exclusives.. But that's not really the point, when you have both, you're no longer limited to one console, which is very nice.. Unless of course you're like me, I have both consoles, but I only use one of the, I'll let you guess which one ;)

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Rowr
    tobidacid said:
    "Get a job."
    best solution so far.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rowr said:
    "tobidacid said:
    "Get a job."
    best solution so far.
    "
    lol. Didn't think of that :P
    vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Sell your soul... Or get a job and buy the PS3 and get the folding at home thing. Help fight cancer while you're waiting on the games to fall from the sky. ;)

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By suneku

My advice, you should just go for those games you're wanting to play right now on the 360, and wait for the PS3... you never know maybe there could be a price drop later down the line when your finished with those games.

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gaius
    hush404 said:
    "Rowr said:
    "tobidacid said:
    "Get a job."
    best solution so far.
    "
    lol. Didn't think of that :P"
    He's 15.  He' s going to have a hard time finding a job.
    verybadbeetle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By verybadbeetle

Definitely go for the PS3. Save what you can. Someone said your 15, at that age you can try to sell off the games/systems you aren’t using. Hit up the relatives and say how much you really want one and if they won’t get it for you, tell them to send only cash for your birthday. Beg your parents for an early Birthday/Christmas present. Ask them to go half on it since it will double as a blu-ray player, which you will gladly let them use for watching movies. Do extra chores.

There are a ton of great games coming out for the PS3. Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, LBP, Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Ratchet and Clank: Q4B, SOCOM, Wipeout HD, followed by Infamous and Killzone 2 in the Spring. And don’t forget about the games you missed out on already. MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 1, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Gran Turismo Prologue, etc.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thelastguy

The key exclusives coming out this fall are LBP, R2, Socom and Motorstorm 2.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vlademir
    Sentry said:
    "RBA and Motorstorm? Those games are like, almost 3 years old lol.

I would save up for a PS3 now, then get the games... Mainly because you can do a lot on the PS3 without games, but you can't do shit with games and no PS3. :P"
    What he said.
    HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HoNgKoNgPh0oEy

Get top games out of the way than work towards PS3 in my opinon

HoldSteady828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By HoldSteady828

Wait til the PS3 gets cheaper.  Enjoy what you have now, and then catch up on all that Sony goodness when it makes good money sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaius said:
    "hush404 said:
    "Rowr said:
    "tobidacid said:
    "Get a job."
    best solution so far.
    "
    He's 15.  He' s going to have a hard time finding a job."
    Didn't know his age... and it's not like it matters. I was about doing w/e I could for cash at 15 and know lots of other people who do too.
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Demyx

I'd say wait to get a PS3, and get these games.

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gaius
    hush404 said:
    "Gaius said:
    "hush404 said:
    "Rowr said:
    "tobidacid said:
    "Get a job."
    best solution so far.
    "
    Didn't know his age... and it's not like it matters. I was about doing w/e I could for cash at 15 and know lots of other people who do too."
    Yeah.  I didn't mean that in an asshole-ish way if that's the way it came out.  But yeah, I know what you mean, do whatever you can to scrounge up the money.  Try and find anything you don't need and sell it if you can.
    EventHorizon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EventHorizon1

I originally got my Xbox 360 at launch and I loved it.  Three years, two RROD and countless games ago; I traded in my console with the 120 GB HDD, HD-DVD player (along with the movies), the wireless adaptor, original Backwards Compatible xbox games and some 360 games for a 60 GB PS3.  In my honest opinion and not to offend anyone but I am happy to be a Playstation owner.  If you REALLY want to make the change, it can be done....

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By uberpwner93
    verybadbeetle said:
    "Definitely go for the PS3. Save what you can. Someone said your 15, at that age you can try to sell off the games/systems you aren’t using. Hit up the relatives and say how much you really want one and if they won’t get it for you, tell them to send only cash for your birthday. Beg your parents for an early Birthday/Christmas present. Ask them to go half on it since it will double as a blu-ray player, which you will gladly let them use for watching movies. Do extra chores.

There are a ton of great games coming out for the PS3. Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, LBP, Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Ratchet and Clank: Q4B, SOCOM, Wipeout HD, followed by Infamous and Killzone 2 in the Spring. And don’t forget about the games you missed out on already. MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 1, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Gran Turismo Prologue, etc."
    All these are good ideas, but I fond flaws with almost all of them.

1. No one in my family (except my twin brother) know about or like video games as much as I do. Thus, no one in my family would buy my games.

2. I always only get cash for my birthday, and highly doubt my brother would help me. Even though he is an avid gamer, he isn't really a Sony fan, and he doesn't get DLC for some reason. He says there is no point.

3. My bedroom is llke the gaming lair. I have a big shelf full of games and DVD's, video game posters, a lot of consoles, pretty much everything. And if I get a PS3, it's going in my room. Plus my mom isn't a movie fan so she won't use it at all. I also see no use for blu-ray DVD's. I am perfectly fine watching regular DVD's.

4. I work my ass off at my house and my mom is really cheap. I can do 2 hours of work... for $5.00. She constantly tells me to get her sodas and food and other crap and I get tired and end up going to sleep.
    LooM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LooM

rofl - what a weird feudal like system you got in your house.. I feel sorry for you!

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28  Edited By Quadrifoglio

Buy the games now and wait for a PS3.

Buzzer_Beater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Buzzer_Beater

Yeah buy the games you really want for the 360.
    Just start saving up for PS3, who knows it might go even cheaper down the road.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uberpwner93 said:
    "verybadbeetle said:
    "Definitely go for the PS3. Save what you can. Someone said your 15, at that age you can try to sell off the games/systems you aren’t using. Hit up the relatives and say how much you really want one and if they won’t get it for you, tell them to send only cash for your birthday. Beg your parents for an early Birthday/Christmas present. Ask them to go half on it since it will double as a blu-ray player, which you will gladly let them use for watching movies. Do extra chores.

There are a ton of great games coming out for the PS3. Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, LBP, Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Ratchet and Clank: Q4B, SOCOM, Wipeout HD, followed by Infamous and Killzone 2 in the Spring. And don’t forget about the games you missed out on already. MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 1, Warhawk, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Gran Turismo Prologue, etc."
    All these are good ideas, but I fond flaws with almost all of them.

1. No one in my family (except my twin brother) know about or like video games as much as I do. Thus, no one in my family would buy my games.

2. I always only get cash for my birthday, and highly doubt my brother would help me. Even though he is an avid gamer, he isn't really a Sony fan, and he doesn't get DLC for some reason. He says there is no point.

3. My bedroom is llke the gaming lair. I have a big shelf full of games and DVD's, video game posters, a lot of consoles, pretty much everything. And if I get a PS3, it's going in my room. Plus my mom isn't a movie fan so she won't use it at all. I also see no use for blu-ray DVD's. I am perfectly fine watching regular DVD's.

4. I work my ass off at my house and my mom is really cheap. I can do 2 hours of work... for $5.00. She constantly tells me to get her sodas and food and other crap and I get tired and end up going to sleep."
    Heh, family sucks for moolas. Ask neighbours or look around for summer jobs that pay and allow for 15y/os. I know when I was younger I made money picking strawberries and blueberries for various local companies who paid per box. Worked sucked but I remember being able to get more games n shit like I would never of been able to do before. Killer.
    melanie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By melanie

It's up to you but if I were you, I would save up for one because if you want to play all those games so bad then you'll be satisfied and there are many other games to pick from as well. I remember in December, 2006, I was playing the MotorStorm demo in Future shop for like an hour lol. There wasn't anyone around and it was soooo much fun! Then I got one in January and it's still doing me well today except for that damn fan but it's not on the 40/80 versions or so I've heard. But it's entirely up to you. =)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol! I remember that demo! Me and my friends would go to the local Target and play that for a long ass time. The clerk there was rather impressed with my skills (8]) at finishing the race and only blowing up/totaling a few times lol. Since most of the people who play the game there just suck and walk away (it is hard).

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#33  Edited By mike

If you don't have any money, just stick with your 360 and use your gaming budget for 360 games.

melanie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By melanie

I actually find it to be an easy game but I find games like Resistance and Ratchet and Clank to be VERY hard. Like "I can't get past the first level" sort of hard. Well that was exaggerating but they are too hard. MotorStorm was one of the few games I've beaten.

NahmeaN187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NahmeaN187

keep the 360.  there are aton of great games

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BestUsernameEver

We got our PS3 for $260.00 because one LED wasn;t working lol.

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By schizogony
    Gaius said:
    "hush404 said:
    "Rowr said:
    "tobidacid said:
    "Get a job."
    best solution so far.
    "
    I worked at Taco Bell when I was 15.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

schizogony said:
    "Gaius said:
    "hush404 said:
    "Rowr said:
    "tobidacid said:
    "Get a job."
    best solution so far.
    "
    I worked at Taco Bell when I was 15."
    Taco Bell has changed....
    Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wuffi

get a ps3, free online thats almost as good as xbl, they don't break as much, and games like little big planet, socom, and resistance2 are coming out this fall. But i would  not want to miss out on the 360 exclusives either

Wuffi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Wuffi

but dont forget homework before games

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By LiquidPrince

Why so serious...?

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#42  Edited By sarahsdad

I would say that if you already have the 360, and there are good games coming out that you know you'll have fun playing, get the games for the system you already have.

Then in a year or two, when Sony have hopefully dropped the price, and / or you are in a better situation with relation to cash, spring for that PS3. All the games you couldn't play on 360 will still be there, and most / all of them will be cheap to pick up.
    Also, if you aren't already, become very good friends with your wonderful cousin.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By shadows_kill
    Batman said:
    "Since Little Big Planet looks like the only good PS3 game coming out soon I'd say get the games.  Save up and get a PS3 for next year when more games come out."
    have you paid no attention to the line up or are you just not interested in the games coming out?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.