Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Solved my flickering PS3 problem

AutomaticOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AutomaticOwl

Ever since I was forced into installing one of the recent PS3 software updates I've been having an issue where my video and audio cut out for a moment and then return. It would happen occasionally while playing games and near constantly while playing blu-rays. I updated the firmware on my tv and all is well! I think it had to do with the HDCP exchange between the PS3 & TV. Hope this helps if you've been having this issue as well.

CamiKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By CamiKitten

I occasionally have a flickering issue on my PS3 and in the bottom right and corner it says something about audio issues. But normally just resetting her for me does the trick. I'm still not sure what causes it though.

MonkeyMitcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MonkeyMitcho

Sometimes my ps3 video just stops and it might come back but most of the time it doesn't

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.