Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Few questions about ps plus

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I tried to google it, but i found opposite answers... 1) Do i need a credit card to redeem the 3 months subscription code from some e-shop to the ps store? 2) If i'll make for my brother a second profile, will he be able to play online as well as i on my profile? Thanks

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If you have a code for a subscription, you shouldn't need a credit card. I know 12 months works that way, but not sure about 3. Don't see why it would be different, though.

I'm pretty sure that as long as your plus account is the primary account assigned to your console, any other accounts on that system should be able to play online.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

You can buy PlayStation Plus and PlayStation store gift cards from places like Amazon. It's been years since I really spent anytime there, but I'm sure places like GameStop and Best Buy probably stock them as well. So no you don't need a credit card.

There is a notion of primary accounts on systems. For example, let's say you buy Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone (as one does), your brother can create a new user, sign in, and play Hatsune Miku because both users are on that PS4. Some of that primary PS4 capabilities may or may not apply. I'm not 100% sure.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By James_ex_machina

PayPal works too.

blackcat0158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You can buy PlayStation Plus and PlayStation store gift cards from places like Amazon. It's been years since I really spent anytime there, but I'm sure places like GameStop and Best Buy probably stock them as well. So no you don't need a credit card.

At some point, GameStop started just printing codes on receipts, eliminating the need for the actual cards to be stocked in store,. The last time I did it wa a few years ago- No credit card was required for the 12 months subscription, I assume 3 would be the same.

2) If i'll make for my brother a second profile, will he be able to play online as well as i on my profile? Thanks

So long as the Primary account on the PS4 has the PS Plus subscription, all accounts should be able to do access almost all of the online functionality, with the exception of PS Plus discounts, automatic patch updating, and early beta/alpha access demos)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.