Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

How have your install times been?

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

k so far i have bought 3 physical games and 1 digital game and the physical games have been fairly painless as i can pop the disc in and play while it downloads and installs. However i bought need for speed digitally and it downloaded fairly quick but the install is taking forever. It's been installing for like 30 min and it's only 37 percent done and i can't play the game an any way till it's done except for the tutorial. Just seems kinda absurd cause i don't remember my ps3 games taking this long to install even. Just wondering how everyone elses experiences with it have been so far.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Super fast. BF4's 35 GB in about 10 minutes.

Hallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hallic

I'm guessing it depends on the game. Watching the GB stream yesterday, NBA 2K14 was taking it's sweet time installing. Jeff and Vinny were stuck playing a quick match for a good while.

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

My NBA 2k14 download took about an hour, maybe less. But the Install took closer to 3-4 hours. At least it allowed me to play quickplay matches while it was installing.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I don't even know. I just put the disk in and start playing stuff. I have to say the background install and patching is FUCKING AWESOME for disk games.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Tyrrael

How do you install games? I checked but didn't even see the option. I just put in Killzone, it downloaded a small patch, and that was it.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Not great. It's on par with a PC. The playing almost immediately is nice, but I find the game hitches (at least in Need for Speed Rivals)

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very quick. Especially since I upgraded to a larger hybrid hard drive. My games installed in minutes.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@tyrrael: The game installs right when you put it in, and then installs as you play

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.