Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

How limited are limited edition bundles? (Spider-Man)

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey there!
    So far I've successfully managed to stick to PC-only this gen, but as Spidey fan the limited edition PS4 pro bundle for Spider-Man really has me reconsidering to finally join in.

Question being: How "limited" is this thing really? Should I jump on this asap, even tho I don't even have a 4k capable screen right now? Or are these manufactured and sold in volumes were many of them will end up on the second-hand market anyway?

I've never been big on "special editions" of consoles, so I really don't have a lot of experience in that regard. Anybody willing to chime in with their 5 cents? Any input much appreciated!

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They are made and sold in volume so you'll find them second hand but might be a few years.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Brackstone

They're limited enough that you probably won't find one brand new this far out from release. Second hand market, sure. But since they're limited, you'll probably end up paying too much for it, and it wouldn't be that much more worthwhile than buying a new one. Unless you really want the Spiderman decal on it.

Another thing to consider with PS4 Pros is hardware revisions. A new revision has just been put out, included in the Red Dead Bundle for example, but also sold individually, that by most accounts runs quieter than the jet engine noise PS4 Pros can suffer from. I believe the Spiderman one is a previous revision, so it's up to chance whether or not you get one that's loud as hell.

EDIT: Looked it up, CUH-7215B is the new revision that most people are finding much quieter. I have one, and it's definitely quiet, but it's the only PS4 Pro I've interacted with, so I can't compare it to other revisions.

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the answers!
    I was hoping for the possibility that these might not even be as "limited" as Sony claims, for the small chance that they might end up with too many of them on stock and thus maybe selling them at a discount.

@brackstone said:

EDIT: Looked it up, CUH-7215B is the new revision that most people are finding much quieter. I have one, and it's definitely quiet, but it's the only PS4 Pro I've interacted with, so I can't compare it to other revisions.

From a little bit of googling it seems like the "B-chassis" revisions are the quieter ones. German Amazon for the limited PS4 has an answered question where a dude says he got the "B, 71xx" new chassis, but there's also a single 1-star review from a guy complaining about supposedly having gotten an old chassis version that had the fan scream during Pro mode.

Who would have thought that buying a console could be that complicated? lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.