Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Managing mulitple PSN accounts with different regions on PS4

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I moved to Canada and brought my PS3 with me. I signed up for a new PSN account with a Canadian address and credit card. I've happily been playing games on this using the Canadian PSN account to buy games whilst still playing them on my UK account.

I've been loath to let go of the UK account due to having a big friend list and a lot of games on here with trophies (not many platinums but I still like it as a nice marker of games I've played over the past 5 years.

This hasn't come without it's own set of problems. For example I let my UK plus membership lapse as it's just financial viable to keep punting money into that at a high cost and making the service more expensive than it needs to be. So that left me with getting a PS Plus subscription on my Canadian account and not being able to play them on my main UK account. My understanding was that this has been sorted by having a primary account that has plus on PS4 and run it that way. Does different regions effect this?

I've run into numerous problems with online passes/systems....NFS Most Wanted was the worst of these where by autolog just didn't work it didn't seem to like piping through from one account to the other....it eventually kind of worked...I had others scores displayed but mine didn't display on theirs. I even rang EA about this and they tried blaming the packet data exchange on my ISP.... I'm assuming the abolition of online passes will solve this problem...

DLC doesn't seem to present a problem as it installs on the Canadian account and affects the game data which is shared by all users.

Finally where would a vita leave me? It would make no sense to link the PS Vita to my UK account as that limits my Plus games exposure. The however if my vita was tied to the Canadian account when I remote play it would be as the Canadian account therefore killing off the whole reason for using my UK account. I don't have a vita but am extremely excited by the prospect of remote play developing. I end up having a lot of gaming time with no TV and this is a great way to keep playing the latest greatest PS4 releases for these times.

My ultimate question is do I cut and run and whole hog have a new account and accept it or do I plod on with this weird merging of two account across different systems and accept it?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.