Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Question regarding digitally downloaded games offline

ghostchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ghostchant

Sorry if there is already a topic but I could not find one. If I download Assassin's Creed from the PSN store, Could I play the single player while my PS4 is not connected to the internet?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm fairly certain that you can play them offline.

Do you remember that whole Xbox One thing from earlier this year? It turns out that some people get pretty pissed off if they can't play games offline, and Sony seemed to take their side with that whole thing. I don't even want to imagine the shitstorm if they went back on that at launch.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

You would need to be online to "activate" the game in the future, if you should ever want to replay it. That's the only thing to really consider. Someday the PS4's servers might be taken down and if your HDD dies you lose access to the game, etc. etc. That's a looooooong way away though, and these games will probably be re-released by then or something, but still something to consider.

The PS4 interface is so slick with downloadable games though I don't blame anyone for going that route.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.