Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Should I use parry/riposte on bosses when play Bloodborne?

Crayzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Should I use parry/riposte on bosses when play Bloodborne? (39 votes)

Bloodborne is more fun when you use parry/riposte 85%
    Using parry/riposte ruin difficulty/fun of the game, don't use it 15%

I'm planning to get Bloodborne. DS 1: PtD is the only Soul Series I play so far and love it. When I watch some video of people using parry on bosses, I thought the boss battle become very easy as parry can be abused. Yes, I'm aware parry/riposte only applicable to certain type of bosses which are human/hunter boss.

• 
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I think the parry/riposte is going to be more difficult to pull off than you think. Sometimes people on YouTube make things that are difficult look easy.

But then I also didn't get that far in Bloodborne.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not easy but you can get good at it like anything else.

GordonDaniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GordonDaniels

Personally I'm a huge fan of the parry mechanic in Bloodborne. Given that blocking basically doesn't exist, and back stabs are difficult to land in a fight, it is the best way to do critical damage. Also it feels really good when you hit it.

My advice, when you get the game try it. If you don't like it, or feel it makes the game too easy, stop using it.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ungodly

The game is designed to fuck you over, so always take any advantage available to you. Plus the gun isn't going to help you on most bosses, so don't expect to just shoot up the place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a48350594a61
    deactivated-5a48350594a61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only vote "Dont use" just cause I managed to get through with understanding it and not using it for the longest time. Mainly because I wasn't confident in the timing and all that jazz. Doesn't ruin the game if you use it or not.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm nearly done with NG+ and never bothered to learn how to do parries and if anything the game felt easy fast time through. Definitely seems like you can do without it.

Indigomaterie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are some bosses you can parry/riposte (mainly in the Chalice Dungeons) and since it is an important part of the game mechanic, you should use it whenever possible.
    Also, it makes the gameplay more fluid compared to the other Souls Games but still challenging.
    Especially the higher Level Chalice Dungeons and the Old Hunter DLC are a beast.

Milijango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Milijango

I never use it against the hunter bosses because I think it makes them too easy, but obviously it's up to your discretion. Everything else feels reasonably balanced around it so go wild.

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Naw man. Use it. My first time through the game I was having a hard time with a certain boss in a graveyard. I discovered parrying and it changed my life. There's just something incredibly satisfying about blowing that guy's asshole out with a well-placed shot.

Some people have a problem with it but I love finding ways to make difficult games easier. Sometimes that just means getting good or it means and getting good at doing one really effective skill.

nevalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use it whenever possible, especially coupled with Caryll Runes that replenish health and bullets which become invaluable for dungeons. Having said that, parry/riposte is another a risk/reward mechanic in your toolkit. I've personally died many times attempting it where using dodge would've been the safer, albeit slower, route, but I still say the risk is worth it.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Depends on the boss, in Bloodborne it is your only defense option in certain situations so its not particularly scummy in any way (in Souls depending on the boss its the ultimate cheese since you're kind of reducing the game to an elaborate QTE instead of a spacing/movement thing); just try it when you need to but don't rely on it too much for bosses. Though certain regular enemies in BB you should probably always parry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.