Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

Target Canceling PS4 Preorder Bundles

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Article

Target is just straight up canceling Watch Dogs/Drive Club pre orders. They will be opening up pre orders on the 25th so I guess you can try to get one then if you want but I really feel bad for the people who pre ordered there. Glad I got just the vanilla version from Amazon.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They could have at least tried to have some sort of replacement plan like Amazon did.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

That seems like a pretty terrible way to handle that!

Edit: Also glad I got my pre-order through Amazon. (Though, I had to take a bundle with a second controller because that was all they had left for pre-orders when I pre-ordered).

cocoonmoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's really unfortunate for all the people that thought pre-ordering would be a smart idea.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Wow, that is completely fucking terrible. Obviously the issue with the game delay is out of their control, but to leave those customers to a first come, first serve basis for the replacements is about the shittiest thing you can do.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

People should tweet @target and @asktarget on Twitter and complain, even if this didn't affect you, support the people it did affect.

I pre-ordered from Amazon, but I still hit Target up on Twitter complaining and got a response.

https://twitter.com/Krakn3dfx/status/391583446255927296

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JayEH

@krakn3dfx: they're stilling using that BS PR statement they said in the email. That's disappointing.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't these bundles just a regular copy of the game put in the shipping package along with the console's box? If so why the need to cancel the preorders?

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanespinosa21

I think target is doing this in order for them to have black firday stock so people can buy off them. Those a*******s

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

You should've seen what their reaction to me leaking that the Waco store was getting a PS4 kiosk before the system launched. They were not happy about that at all. = D

@jeanespinosa21: ......ooooooor it's because both of those games were delayed.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By TruthTellah

@jayeh: @jakob187: @jeanespinosa21: Target has apologized for this, is now renewing those pre-orders for just the consoles, and giving people $100 Target gift cards.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By McShank
    chrisovc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posted by IGN

We apologize for your recent Target.com experience," reads a Target email sent to one individual. "We are working on a solution that will ensure you receive the video game console you pre-ordered. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill the bundled video game portion of your order due to publishing delays. You will receive an email tomorrow with further directions on how to confirm your order. We are committed to shipping your game console by the date on youroriginal order. Additionally, we are emailing you a $100 Target eGiftCard for your inconvenience."

Link

So it looks like they will still get a PS4, plus $100 giftcard

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By DystopiaX

@chrisovc said:

Posted by IGN

We apologize for your recent Target.com experience," reads a Target email sent to one individual. "We are working on a solution that will ensure you receive the video game console you pre-ordered. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill the bundled video game portion of your order due to publishing delays. You will receive an email tomorrow with further directions on how to confirm your order. We are committed to shipping your game console by the date on youroriginal order. Additionally, we are emailing you a $100 Target eGiftCard for your inconvenience."

Link

So it looks like they will still get a PS4, plus $100 giftcard

Damn, you actually end up coming out ahead. That's really cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.