Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

The chances of a Mortal Kombat (2011) Port?

maccyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Considering it was geared towards the Sony side mostly with Kratos and the Vita edition. Is it likely to be included as a Gaikai stream if not a retail port (unlikely but you never know).

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By KittyVonDoom

Also what about Madden '12????

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Hunter5024

I think they're going to start focusing on the next Mortal Kombat pretty soon, so this seems pretty unlikely.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4 chaser324  Moderator

Virtually zero chance of a port, but I suppose it's possible it'll be available through Gaikai. I don't really have any clue what will be offered through Gaikai.

maccyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunter5024: Companies sometimes release earlier games of a series either bundled with the new game or release it on a classic game download thing...(Basically, whatever VC is)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

At this point I think a new Mortal Kombat is way more likely. Also now I'm pretty excited about the idea of another Mortal Kombat.

maccyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irvandus: A next-gen Mortal Kombat has already been announced :)

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's on PS3, 360, Vita, and PC. How many different versions of a two year old game do you need?

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By striderno9

Just one more.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well since injustice is coming on PS4 anything can happen.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well they already went ahead and put it out on PC, bringing it over to PS4/XBO at this point would probably be pretty easy. It's just a matter of it being financially viable.

RainDog505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14  Edited By RainDog505

I'll be the outlier and say moderate-to-high chance of some sort of MK9 port gracing any of the next gen consoles...Wii-U included. With the PC version available the (alleged) amount of work need to get it running on PS4 is small. I doubt it will have a retail boxed release, but a XBone Arcade/PS4N release with uprez-ed graphics makes fiscal sense considering how popular the title was/still sort of is with the Kommunity.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#15 gamer_152  Moderator

I really see no reason they'd try to port it for the PS4. It came out in 2011 and wasn't restricted in any major way by the systems it was running on. I guess it's possible it will appear on Gaikai at some point though.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Injustice is getting this treatment because the GotY edition is coming out at about the same time as a console launch. MK9, however, has already had its GotY release and been ported to PC. A split-gen MK is much more likely.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamer_152: Well the online was garbage, but being on a next-gen console doesn't necessarily mean it would be better.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By BisonHero

@the_nubster said:

Injustice is getting this treatment because the GotY edition is coming out at about the same time as a console launch. MK9, however, has already had its GotY release and been ported to PC. A split-gen MK is much more likely.

Pretty much this. NetherRealm/Warner Bros. don't really follow the Capcom philosophy of "rerelease the fuck out of every fighting game we make", and MK9 is pretty much over and done with. They've rereleased the original MK trilogy, if only because it's very little effort, and even then WB found a developer that did a really half-assed job of it (maybe wasn't their fault, who knows).

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Mk has had it's time. I think that it wouldn't be worth it at this point. There doesn't seem to be any benefit in doing a port. Besides, the guys that would buy a PS4 port are probably willing to keep there PS3 plugged in for some MK. USF4 is the only reason I'm keeping the PS3 out of a box.

Virtually zero chance of a port, but I suppose it's possible it'll be available through Gaikai. I don't really have any clue what will be offered through Gaikai.

Umm, I would like to point out that Gaikai is a streaming service. Playing a fighting game through a streaming service is one of the worst experiences you can ever have (I tried SF4 on Onlive to see if the service had any legitimate use.... Uggghhh)

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#20 gamer_152  Moderator

@zeik said:

@gamer_152: Well the online was garbage, but being on a next-gen console doesn't necessarily mean it would be better.

No, but if it was a case where the game had the potential to look and run really well but had been dialled back because of hardware restrictions, you could see there being more reasons for WB and Netherrealm to port a better version to next-gen machines.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.