Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 4

Platform »

PlayStation 4 is Sony's fourth home video game console, released on November 15, 2013 in North America, and November 29, 2013 in Europe. On November 10 2016, Sony released the Playstation 4 Pro, an updated version of the console targeting 4K gaming.

UK PS4 release

andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By andymp

I put down a deposit for the PS4 months ago and have had no concerns about making the right choice until now. I log onto the UK PSN store and there's literally no mention of PS4, no videos hyping it up or anything. That by itself is meaningless, but it reinforces my perception of the UK PSN Store as am afterthought to SCEE - something they just really don't take seriously enough or understand the importance of. I've downloaded loads of apps on my X360, but on the PS3 there are very few.

Meanwhile I read on Giantbomb about the US PS4 giveaway including 30 days free of music etc. and again, no mention on the UK PlayStation blog about such things. One of my frustrations over the course of owning a PS3 (I also own an Xbox 360) was the lack of content and my concern is that will be repeated over the lifecycle of the PS4. I don't expect free stuff per se, but if another region is getting that free stuff I expect likewise or at least to be thrown a bone of some kind.

Given that Sony are now charging gamers to play online, SCEE really need to step up their game in my opinion and start offering much more in terms of content and a better online experience.

mrflibble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

EU does seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to PSN. I believe you can pre-order digital PS4 games on your PS3 atm in the US but I haven't seen anything like that in the UK. The prices we get aren't as good, I know part of that is taxes but paying £60 when you can get it much cheaper at retail is just silly.

If that 30 day music deal doesn't make it over here I don't have high hopes for sony improving things.

Also I think in the US they don't have singstar taking up space on the XMB.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jimmyfenix

They make it up with the ps plus games but i agree i want more deals this way.

cyberbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have paid a deposit for a UK PS4 too. Are you subscribed to PS+? Since trying that out abut four months ago, I am very impressed with the constant flow of free games.

As I understand it, the Instant Game Collection has been better supplied for Europeans than Americans.

andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By andymp

@cyberbloke: I am not subscribed to PS+ but I guess I will once the PS4 lands in order to play online.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By vivek

@andymp: Hey Duder, I wouldn't worry too much. Once the console drops I am sure that content and services will role out. With regards to PSN+, it has been amazing on PS3 and would expect much the same on next gen. I personally have pre-ordered a Xbox One, after having a PS2 and then a PS3 due to most of my friends playing on that console, plus wanting a change. Will probably pick up a PS4 once platform exclusive titles drop.

bye_default

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been a PS+ subscriber for a while now, made sure to download all Vita games on the service in case I ever picked one up. As long as the remote play ps4 stuff works as intended, it looks like I'll have a pretty decent back catalogue on the system when I get a Vita in time for the new console launch. PS+ has definitely been pretty awesome so far, hoping that stays the same when we head into the new generation.

Mocca_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xnay on the ingstarsay dude, that's the only reason my wife tolerates the new console. Think of the married men and women with karaoke hungry spouses!

But yeah, I would love to see some price promotions here in the Netherlands. Those two for one deals stateside sound unbelievable out here...

andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By andymp

@bye_default: Does the remote play stuff require the game to be purchased or installed on both systems? Or is it truly wireless. I have a Vita so remote play could be a genuine reason to wipe the dust off of it.

LoveSpuds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally am happy that there aren't ads all over the store,and as for content, do you have any examples of what exactly are you missing? They have a video/movie tab and there seems to be stuff in their when ever I have bothered to look.

I have played and enjoyed absolutely loads of amazing downloadable games on my PS3/VITA - I just recently wrapped up Guacamelee and Hotline Miami and am looking to pick up Tokyo Jungle tonight. Then there is PS+, don't need to say much about that except that I have played probably 30 games through this subscription over the last couple of years.

andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By andymp

The NBA Gametime app which I tried to download today for starters. I'm not into any fanboy stuff so don't be so defensive.

@lovespuds said:

I personally am happy that there aren't ads all over the store,and as for content, do you have any examples of what exactly are you missing? They have a video/movie tab and there seems to be stuff in their when ever I have bothered to look.

I have played and enjoyed absolutely loads of amazing downloadable games on my PS3/VITA - I just recently wrapped up Guacamelee and Hotline Miami and am looking to pick up Tokyo Jungle tonight. Then there is PS+, don't need to say much about that except that I have played probably 30 games through this subscription over the last couple of years.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.