Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Camera for PS4

Accessory »

The PlayStation Camera is the next generation of the PlayStation Eye featuring two cameras and a four-channel array of microphones.

New PS4 Camera with PS VR Launch?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I'm saving up my money for a Playstation VR and i noticed that Amazon is not selling New PS4 cameras and BestBuy has limited stock.

Does this mean Sony will release a new model of the camera along side the VR headset?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I think people have been buying them in preperation. I know that when I knew the date for PSVR, I ordered a PS Camera that night, and that was back in March.

I doubt Sony will make a new & improved PS Camera, but that all...I just doubt it. My guess all manufacturing is going to fullfilling Sony's need to have pack-in carera and building a suitable supply of camera to sell at launch. Yet, that is just my assumption.

I actully question if I should have bought the camera in March, but my plan was just to need the headset since I already wanted to have camera nad wand in hand. That might have been a mistake...time will tell.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Everything Sony has said so far has been that it will be the same exact camera as the old one. Saying that if you already have the camera and move, then buying just the headset will work perfectly fine and be cheaper for you, rather then buying it in a bundle. Maybe there might be a "new" one that may be a little slimmed down, but it would still have to be the same basic specs as the old one anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.