Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Home

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 11, 2008

PlayStation Home was a social games network where PSN users could play games and socialize. Home saw a refocus in Fall 2011 in North America and Europe that put more emphasis on games than social spaces.

Welcome HOME, " **** OFF!" (Beta)

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By GunstarRed

If you would have asked me six months ago from videos what i thought playstation Home would be like I would have replied "Probably a lot like a lobby in Phantasy Star Online"... What is Playstation Home like?????

A lobby in Phantasy Star Online.             ( Minus the chance that you might go out and kill alien monsters )

Just a bunch of people running about doing stupid dances, pointing and nodding their head.
    I Knew There was something wrong the moment my HIDEOUSLY UGLY, More realistic avatar looked much less like me than my NXE avatar  and even the Mii sitting on my sisters Wii. At the least they could have given you access to a full range of faces and hairstyles to make something kind of resembling what you may actually look like. I accept they want to sell clothes... ratchet ears and clank backpack whatever,  but let me make something that won't give small children nightmares.

It's a BETA! you may cry. But that doesnt really change the core of Home (or is that  QUORE?) And that core is hugely , hugely outdated and boring, completely  and utterly boring. I have had more fun in a Beautiful Katamari online lobby than in home and youre given about seven things to do in that. Sony has given me an ugly avatar, lots of places I can potentially spend money and access to media faster accessed though switching on my PC and going to websites.
    It seems it took sony two years to try and create something new and amazing and to be honest I'm not even certain  It was ever that. It was always going to be a second rate  second life or  the non gaming equivalent of the sims both of which are completely love/hate in the way they work, Home is never going to be a drawing point for a much larger community, It will be a Huge failure when all is said and done all you can look forward to the  already-packed-with "YOU Iz a Girl... lets fuck" crowd hanging about trying to pick up virtual dates with inbred mutant avatars. How very, very depressing.

I am a  pretty unsociable, solitary person But when something comes along and makes me want to tell people to go out and make friends in the real world there must be something wrong with it.

First words said to me in psn Home...

ME: "Hello"
    stranger: "**** off!"

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By GunstarRed

If you would have asked me six months ago from videos what i thought playstation Home would be like I would have replied "Probably a lot like a lobby in Phantasy Star Online"... What is Playstation Home like?????

A lobby in Phantasy Star Online.             ( Minus the chance that you might go out and kill alien monsters )

Just a bunch of people running about doing stupid dances, pointing and nodding their head.
    I Knew There was something wrong the moment my HIDEOUSLY UGLY, More realistic avatar looked much less like me than my NXE avatar  and even the Mii sitting on my sisters Wii. At the least they could have given you access to a full range of faces and hairstyles to make something kind of resembling what you may actually look like. I accept they want to sell clothes... ratchet ears and clank backpack whatever,  but let me make something that won't give small children nightmares.

It's a BETA! you may cry. But that doesnt really change the core of Home (or is that  QUORE?) And that core is hugely , hugely outdated and boring, completely  and utterly boring. I have had more fun in a Beautiful Katamari online lobby than in home and youre given about seven things to do in that. Sony has given me an ugly avatar, lots of places I can potentially spend money and access to media faster accessed though switching on my PC and going to websites.
    It seems it took sony two years to try and create something new and amazing and to be honest I'm not even certain  It was ever that. It was always going to be a second rate  second life or  the non gaming equivalent of the sims both of which are completely love/hate in the way they work, Home is never going to be a drawing point for a much larger community, It will be a Huge failure when all is said and done all you can look forward to the  already-packed-with "YOU Iz a Girl... lets fuck" crowd hanging about trying to pick up virtual dates with inbred mutant avatars. How very, very depressing.

I am a  pretty unsociable, solitary person But when something comes along and makes me want to tell people to go out and make friends in the real world there must be something wrong with it.

First words said to me in psn Home...

ME: "Hello"
    stranger: "**** off!"

Unreal_dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Unreal_dro

yeah, i wont be wasting time......i mean spending time on Home either. the beta just left a bitter taste. a lifeless boring 3d chat room.

hope they keep improving the xmb in the future, cause thats all i need
    fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By fraser

Yeah, and accompanied with long download/load times it's pretty much the biggest waste of time ever.

Oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.