Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

Lttp: PSP games.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NegativeCero

I've never really cared to get a PSP. The constant shit it has gotten about being dead platform even before the Vita was announced didn't help either. But I recently was given one so I decided to try out some games. I went for copies of Final Fantasy Tactics and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (mostly because I want to understand what Japan has gone crazy about) that I found for cheap. I guess I should try Lumines too after listening to a Bombcast a few weeks back. Anyway any other recommendations?

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Chris2KLee

The God of War games on PSP were pretty good, but you might be better served getting the PS3 collection now, if that's an option. I really also enjoyed MGS Peacewalker, but again that's getting an HD remake soon. Playing Valkyrie Chronicles 2 at the moment, and that's pretty good. Also a note on Monster Hunter, find people to play with or you are probably not going to get too far. A lot of that game is tuned to a 4P team.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NegativeCero

@Chris2KLee: Valkyrie Chronicles 2 would be good since I don't have a PS3. I also find it crazy that Monster Hunter doesn't have online if it's designed to be multiplayer.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Try out Tactics Ogre and Trails in the sky. Both are ports of older games, but they're good nonetheless.

Also Persona 2 is coming out in a week. If you're interested in old-school JRPG's, you might want to check it out.

ClintzCarta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ClintzCarta

Hot Shots is another great series if that is your thing. I enjoy Hot Shots Open Tee 2. Also, if strategy is your thing, Disgaea is all over the psp as well as the Prinny games.

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Chris2KLee

@NegativeCero said:

@Chris2KLee: Valkyrie Chronicles 2 would be good since I don't have a PS3. I also find it crazy that Monster Hunter doesn't have online if it's designed to be multiplayer.

It was a game definitely built for Japan, where people more often than not carry some sort of gaming system. Groups of people hanging around playing PSP with each other is not an uncommon site. Hell, me and my coworkers got kicked out of a donut shop here because we were sitting and bumming free coffee refills while playing MH for like 3 hours straight. You can play the game solo up to a point, but the it really opens up if you find 2 or 3 other like minded players. Even then, I it can be a bit of an acquired taste, especially in the control department. If you like turn based tile RPGs also, the PSP version of Disgaea is pretty decent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.