Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

PSP international warranty?

Jertje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jertje

Hi GB'ers,

I am currently looking into buying a PSP, as I've been without handheld gaming for too long now. Personally, I'm not interested too much in 3d gaming, nor purchasing a regular DS (I once owned one, sold it quite quickly after running out of games to play) and so the PSP seems like a good choice, especially due to multimedia aspects. I am, after all, the only living person in the developed world without an mp3 player! I also like the prospect of playing PSOne games on it, but I'm not certain about the official offer on the PSN Store and it's apparantly impossible to browse the store without a PSN account :\

Anyway, the issue that I am currently facing is that I am living in Finland for studies and at the end of the month I will move back to the Netherlands. Possibly shortly after graduating in September I will once again move out of the country to the UK or Germany, and so I have a bit of a cross-country issue. If I buy my PSP in Finland, will I be able to make use of the warranty in the Netherlands, or any other EU country? Heck, warranty put aside - would I need to send the PSP for any repairs to Sony Finland, or will any customer service location do? I've googled for a bit, but was unable to find any answer! I'd appreciate it if someone could share their knowledge on this issue ;)

xenexprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By xenexprime

you should try calling the Sony Eu Number, they should be able to answer your question.

Jertje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jertje
    @xenexprime: 
    That pointed me in the right direction. The Sony Europe site cleverly enough actually had a warranty pdf, and the warranty is apparantly valid in all EU memberstates. Great! I guess I overestimated the complexity of my question and should have just searched the Sony site, heh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.