Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

PSP of choice?

Slayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slayne

I've avoided the whole PSP bit for some time, mostly due to the price and originally due to lack of games of interest.  With both Ys games having come out here by X-Seed (Thanks!) and Persona 3 being re-released on it, I'm extremely tempted to pick one up. 

There any particular reason to get the PSP 3000 over the PSP-Go or vice versa?  Tried some basic google detective work, but I wasn't pulling much up with my phrasing.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Get the PSP 3000, you can play every game on it and its cheaper. 
    The new GoW bundle is a good deal if your interested. 
    Slayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Slayne

To date the farthest I've gotten in GoW is killing the Hydra :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I bought a Go and highly regretted it, Just get the 3000 as you have more selection in games and just feels better overall when playing and also has a larger screen.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By gla55jAw

3000 dude. PSN doesn't have every game up there and plus you can get UMD games a lot cheaper, and still get PSN games with a memory stick. Best of both worlds.

TNK1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TNK1

PSP 1000 or 2000 if you want homebrew and emulators lol! Everybody loves to play nes,snes,n64,gba,genesis,pc engine,every ps1 game ever,gbc,neo geo(who doesn't love to play games like metal slug 1-5 arc ver and KOF 94 -2003 Arc Version perfectly emulated and not shoddy port like the official release and more),cp1,cps2(i love playing marvel vs capcom on my psp),neo geo pocket,mame, Cave Shooters,and lots of homebrew like Halo Solitude,Kurok,Cave Story,OpenBor,and much much more.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By gla55jAw
    @TNK1 said:
    " PSP 1000 or 2000 if you want homebrew and emulators lol! Everybody loves to play nes,snes,n64,gba,genesis,pc engine,every ps1 game ever,gbc,neo geo(who doesn't love to play games like metal slug 1-5 arc ver and KOF 94 -2003 Arc Version perfectly emulated and not shoddy port like the official release and more),cp1,cps2(i love playing marvel vs capcom on my psp),neo geo pocket,mame, Cave Shooters,and lots of homebrew like Halo Solitude,Kurok,Cave Story,OpenBor,and much much more. "
    Or you could just use the Patapon 2 Demo glitch to run those emulators without custom firmware like I do.
    TNK1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TNK1
    @gla55jAw: Yeah not all emulators and homebrew work with that method, but there's a new hen exploit coming out that may or not fix it.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By shirogane

Yeah, don't bother with the Go. 
    3000 is much better in almost every way. 
    Hell, go for a 2000 or 1000 if you want. 

Well, 1000 might be a bit tough to find...but whatever.
    HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HereAllDay
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By JJOR64
    @Bloodgraiv3 said:
    " Get the PSP 3000, you can play every game on it and its cheaper. The new GoW bundle is a good deal if your interested.  "
    This.

Try to go for a PSP 3000 bundle if you can.  If you want a big memory stick, get one off of Amazon.  There are some great deals on them there.
    norsedudetr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By norsedudetr

I like my Go, it's so damned pocketable, though I'm aware of the limited selection of games.

OmegaChosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmegaChosen

Go 3000.

Personally though, I've always been partial to the old phat 1000 PSPs. They had more weight to them and felt sturdier, which I liked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.