Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

Rumor: PSP 2 Announcement Coming This Month

• 113 results
    knightlyknave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By knightlyknave

Yay, I want mine to be lumpy like that drawing :-)

mrburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By mrburger

Graphics don't have to but can matter.  Look at ME2 or Red Dead Redemption.  I enjoy being able to stop sometimes in those games and go:  "..."  It doesn't just 'enhance' the experience, it's a big part of it.

Kiri90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By Kiri90

I can't say that I'm not interested, but I really hope it has a good software line-up. I bought the PSP launch day, and like an excited 13 year old at the time I played it a lot for the first 2 months. Since then though I've played my PSP only a handful of times. If we're talking about a $250 system with $25 games, then I'm interested. What do you guys think they'll sell games for on the PSP2? (Since that's where the bulk of our money goes)

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#104  Edited By kerse
    @Kiri90 said:
    " I can't say that I'm not interested, but I really hope it has a good software line-up. I bought the PSP launch day, and like an excited 13 year old at the time I played it a lot for the first 2 months. Since then though I've played my PSP only a handful of times. If we're talking about a $250 system with $25 games, then I'm interested. What do you guys think they'll sell games for on the PSP2? (Since that's where the bulk of our money goes) "
    50 dollars, it wont be less than 40
    ezdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By ezdude

OH MY GOD. Sony better not eff this one up. This system could be the greatest portable in terms of graphics and control there has ever been. Also I heard that sony says it can do ps3 graphics, which is funny since psp could do close to ps2 graphics, so why not right? Also if it has twice the freaking ram of an xbox then I don't see why it couldn't put a bunch of resources into the ram and run ps3 looking graphics. So yeah hopefully this system will blow us away, but of course I'm still prepared to be utterly disappointed. The good thing is that seeing their past history with psp pricing, it seems like they don't really care if the system is a bit expensive, thus the really good performance rumors might actually be true along with a hefty price tag.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By prestonhedges
    @Volgin13 said:
    " @gladspooky: Hey fuck you. Brad does it better than you ever would piece of worthless shit. "
    If all it takes is MS Paint and undocumented sources, I'm pretty sure we're 1 and 1 on that one.
    hpv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#107  Edited By hpv

Why does everyone want a second analog nub on the PSP so badly? The one that the PSP had is already all but unusable, double that and it'd be practically impossible to even hold onto the thing while playing!

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ryanwho

Their top bulletpoint should be "we'll make it super easy for you to secondhand port your 3DS games over"@gladspooky said:

" @Volgin13 said:
    " @gladspooky: Hey fuck you. Brad does it better than you ever would piece of worthless shit. "
    If all it takes is MS Paint and undocumented sources, I'm pretty sure we're 1 and 1 on that one. "
    No you don't understand. He's on the internet, and any kind of vague celebrity means he's more talented than people with opinions on bad writing.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @hpv said:
    " Why does everyone want a second analog nub on the PSP so badly? The one that the PSP had is already all but unusable, double that and it'd be practically impossible to even hold onto the thing while playing! "
    theres a possibility that it has something much better. even the new 3DS has a better analog control. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @zudthespud said:
    " Twice the RAM of the 360? Doesn't really matter if the gpu is crap.   I bought a PSP and loved it, I was always really disappointed that it never had more games. Hopefully third party developers will be more interested if it has 2 analogue sticks. "
    actually it will matter.

People tend to forget that the gpu doesn't need to be nearly as powerful as one for a console or pc because the screen is so small and you can make things look way better than they actually are 
    mewarmo990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By mewarmo990

As soon as Nintendo announced the 3DS for March 2011, it was only a matter of time until the PSP2 is confirmed as well.

Hope it's not region-locked like the 3DS will apparently be.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#112  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Wlil it have anything besides JRPGs on it?  I'm sure it will be overpriced as well.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#113  Edited By FCKSNAP

Bump for Hype! 

Most realistic Mock-up to date and I hope this is what it actually turns out to look like! Imagine how comfortable it'll feel in your hands.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.