Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Vita

Platform »

PlayStation Vita is Sony's second handheld gaming device.

It's Official: The NGP is the PlayStation Vita, and It Has a Price [UPDATED]

blusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351  Edited By blusher

I'll buy it if there's some boss RTS (or turn-based, even better) games in the making.  Though I haven't seen any indication of that happening.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#352  Edited By fox01313

Wonder why Sony didn't make a excessive change to the overall look to the thing, right now based on the pics it seems like it's just another PSP by the look of it.

capn_chunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353  Edited By capn_chunky

@TigerDX:

One important thing to remember is US prices are always exclusive of sales tax (which will vary from state to state but is generally 5-9%) but Euro prices are generally inclusive of VAT which range from 18-30%. This would be in addition to any import duties and other landed costs

Avatar image for deactivated-5f69ab113d659
    deactivated-5f69ab113d659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So they come up with the coolest code names: Project Natal, Revolution, NGP etc and then balls it all up with this tosh. Put the team that does the code names on the finished product naming team.

It was said on the bombcast "if you have to ask or don't know how to pronounce the product name immediately then it sucks"

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355  Edited By TwoOneFive

day one buy for $249 thats amazing

TigerDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356  Edited By TigerDX

@Capn_Chunky: True, there is the hidden sales tax to consider, though if you buy on Amazon.com, you wouldn't pay any sales tax and there's no way for Europeans to get out of it in the same way. Besides, Japanese prices are shown inclusive of tax, and it's not as bad. I still think it's a little nefarious to be setting the price based on the maximum possible tax, while not all of Europe actually has that rate of sales tax.

Then again, what are they going to do? Have different prices for different European countries? Sounds like a lot of work.

InertiaticESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#357  Edited By InertiaticESP

Hey wow, 250, that's not bad. I'm glad there was an audible groan when they said exclusively AT&T. I'm still not getting it though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5865c6a5c9438
    deactivated-5865c6a5c9438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pleasantly surprised by the price. Dumb name though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.