Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation

Platform »

Sony's first video game console established the PlayStation brand. It dominated the 32/64-bit era and was the best-selling home console up until the PlayStation 2.

Playstation 1 sticker cover

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

I found my old playstation on the attic. I love the sticker cover on this thing. Is there's an official name for it? It's not really a faceplate. I would like to see more pictures like it but I'm having trouble tracking them down. Could any of you guys help?

I found this one though!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I would say maybe skins or decals would be the most common name.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You can get these things for almost any console, most of the companies call them decals.

I remember getting one with a magazine for the PS1 but I never used it. I'd managed to get blue and yellow paint on my PS1 (I don't remember how) and I liked how that looked.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ugh..... if only Mankind was there instead of Jericho...... :p

Nice decals though.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

I always refer to them as 'decals'. I was never huge on them, I think a lot of the modern consoles look pretty nice as they come, but I do really like those two and the PS1 was such a dull colour by default that I can get behind them.

I did actually put one on my PS3 when I got the slim, because I never really liked the way the top looked. It's a little marked and dusty now, but I still like it a lot.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.