Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

Poke'fest!

Juvi008ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Juvi008ok

I may be too old for this. But I just don't give a fuck.

No Caption Provided
    About once or twice a year I have a few childhood friends come over to my house and we have ourselves a Poke-fest. What's a poke-fest? Well, it's when I either put on Pokemon: The first movie, or the first season of the TV series and we all start fresh new files on our handheld games. We play all day, taking occasional breaks to watch the movie or episode that happens to be playing on the TV. It's always great having all your buddies around being just as big of a dork as you are. We trade Pokemon and exchange tips and strategies that we might have picked up on teh internetz.

If we decide to go the extra mile we sometimes dust off our giant collection of Pokemon cards and try to remember how the hell to play the game. It's a ton of fun, and reminds me how awesome it was to be a kid.
    No Caption Provided
    With Soul Silver and Heart Gold on the horizon, you bet your ass I'm going to dive right back in. They have always been the best in the series and I can't wait to plow my way through the main storyline just so I can head over to Kanto for a brand new Squirtle, raise it to lvl 99, conquer my enemies, and become a true Pokemon Master! *ahem*

I hope to have a Poke-fest soon. This year's has been long overdue.

-javi
    Juvi008ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Juvi008ok

I may be too old for this. But I just don't give a fuck.

No Caption Provided
    About once or twice a year I have a few childhood friends come over to my house and we have ourselves a Poke-fest. What's a poke-fest? Well, it's when I either put on Pokemon: The first movie, or the first season of the TV series and we all start fresh new files on our handheld games. We play all day, taking occasional breaks to watch the movie or episode that happens to be playing on the TV. It's always great having all your buddies around being just as big of a dork as you are. We trade Pokemon and exchange tips and strategies that we might have picked up on teh internetz.

If we decide to go the extra mile we sometimes dust off our giant collection of Pokemon cards and try to remember how the hell to play the game. It's a ton of fun, and reminds me how awesome it was to be a kid.
    No Caption Provided
    With Soul Silver and Heart Gold on the horizon, you bet your ass I'm going to dive right back in. They have always been the best in the series and I can't wait to plow my way through the main storyline just so I can head over to Kanto for a brand new Squirtle, raise it to lvl 99, conquer my enemies, and become a true Pokemon Master! *ahem*

I hope to have a Poke-fest soon. This year's has been long overdue.

-javi
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I can still remember buying Pokemon Blue at Toys R Us one night and going to school the next day and playing with a bunch of friends for hours.  Then the Pokemon card caught on and I was the only one that actually knew how to play, everyone else just was like 'yeaaa Pikachu' 

But yeah Pokemon was pretty awesome to grow up with.  I still play Pokemon Pearl here and there but it doesn't compare to the original games.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

That sounds like a lot of fun, and I am pretty excited for Pokemon Silver. It currently occupies the number 3 spot of most anticipated game (out of 96)

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I never actually played the TCG game, I just collected the holofoils and the rare ones and looked at the artwork.
    I also remember when my brother left his deck of cards out in the rain, they were all ruined.

Juvi008ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Juvi008ok
    @TheMustacheHero: Ah man, that must have been traumatizing for your bro. lol
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Juvi008ok: Yeah, the card at the top of his deck was a Holofoil Machamp...I don't know why I remember that so distinctly..

No Caption Provided
    Juvi008ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Juvi008ok
    @TheMustacheHero: lol, I think every aspiring pokemon card collector had a Machamp. It was one of the only holographic cards that you can get for sure when you bought a starter deck.

-javi
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan

In the first pack of Pokemon cards I ever bought I got a holographic Mewtwo and not knowing much about Pokemon at the time some dbag scammed me out of it with some crappy cards. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64

I wish I could do that with my friends.  Me and only one of my close friends still enjoy the Pokemon games.  Instead of a Poke'fest, I should do a Yugioh'fest.  My friends and I used to be majorly into Yugioh.  We used to always have Yugioh tournaments and we dueled all the time.  Damn, those were the days.  I miss my childhood.  :(

Juvi008ok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Juvi008ok
    @Br3adfan: Dang. See I had the opposite thing happen to me. I bought a pack and got a holographic Dark Charizard. This kids dad saw that I got it and offered me $200 for it. I told him no like an idiot. hahah I could've bought SO MANY booster packs with that much money, probably would've gotten way better cards too.

@JJOR64: IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-DDDDDUEL!!! lol
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By RichardLOlson

Thats cool....at least your not afraid of going back to your dorky, geeky, and strange roots.  Good luck with your Poke' fest and have fun.

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By misterpope

I remember the time i tricked my little brother into giving me that Machamp card for some totally crap element card or whatever. Good times.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By AndrewB

I can still sing the majority of the PokeRaps.

Man, that first season was pure win. It's one of the few old shows I can watch and still enjoy. The only part that grates on my nerves throughout the entire series is Team Rocket being in every. Single. Episode. If they came in once in awhile instead of being a main focus, the show might somehow have kept my attention through the years.

Unfortunately, the only person I could probably still Poke-Geek out  with is my brother, and even he is more of a casual Pokemon RPG player now.

bigjake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bigjake

Hey it doesn't matter how old you are if you have fun with that poke-fest then just keep doing it and don't think what about what people say.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By InfiniteGeass

You are never too old for pokemon. Pokemon is something that anyone can like and enjoy. I personally can't wait for the next set of Pokemon games because Silver was my favorite of the games.

Munchlax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Munchlax

@InfiniteGeass: I've got a dork at my school who says I'm too old to play Pokemon. He's a few months younger than me, and he's still playing it. He's like a contradict machine. 

When I got a Pokemon starter pack for the cards, I got the shiny Machamp too. It looked cool. I also got the GameBoy version of Pokemon TCG. I liked it that much. Too bad that the hype is not what it used to be.

j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By j_drace

Man, I remember the Pokemon boom like it was yesterday.  Luckily I was around 8 years old or so when it first started.  I remember rolling into school with my gameboy color and pokemon yellow and my holographic charizard thinking that I was the hottest shit ever because holographic charizard was like the hardest card to get and so few people had them that you could name all of them on one hand.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.