Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Sep 12, 2009

Remakes of the original Game Boy Color games, Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver are given updated graphics and gameplay on the Nintendo DS.

What should I get Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver or WarioWare D.I.Y.

iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By iamtirrrred
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

SOULSILVER 

iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By iamtirrrred
    @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "
    Explain Why SoulSilver.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By beargirl1
    @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "
    Explain Why SoulSilver. "
    pokemons games are lengthy and very fun to play at that. it's entertaining from start to finish and even when you finish you can go to another region and battle 8 other dudes. that's 16 bosses not counting the elite four and your rival so you'll be at it for a bit if you don't blaze through it like i did.  

not to mention there's online play and that awesome pokewalker thing. Warioware DIY is cool too.. really cool but i'd pick the pokemans over it. 
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By dbz1995

Definitely a Pokemon game, since they have a massive amount of play time, and are really addictive and entertaining. Also, it's great to play with friends! Whichever Pokemon you play, you'll get most the stuff-but get HeartGold. It's Golden, after all. More expensive than Silver.

iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iamtirrrred
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "
    pokemons games are lengthy and very fun to play at that. it's entertaining from start to finish and even when you finish you can go to another region and battle 8 other dudes. that's 16 bosses not counting the elite four and your rival so you'll be at it for a bit if you don't blaze through it like i did.  

not to mention there's online play and that awesome pokewalker thing. Warioware DIY is cool too.. really cool but i'd pick the pokemans over it.  "
    That explains why to get a Pokemon game, but it doesn't explain why you pick SoulSilver instead of HeartGold.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By beargirl1
    @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "

not to mention there's online play and that awesome pokewalker thing. Warioware DIY is cool too.. really cool but i'd pick the pokemans over it.  "
    That explains why to get a Pokemon game, but it doesn't explain why you pick SoulSilver instead of HeartGold. "
    they're both the same game o-o 
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Real men make their own Pokemon. Do It Yourself, bro.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By AgentJ

Tough choice, but I'd say that because pokemon has so much to offer I'd go with one of those games. That said, if you  have the money for both pkmn and warioware, I think its a good idea to pick up both. 
    Silver's better by the way. You can get Lugia.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @AgentJ: You can get Lugia in Gold too...

@AjayRaz said:

" @iamtirrrred said:

" @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "

That explains why to get a Pokemon game, but it doesn't explain why you pick SoulSilver instead of HeartGold. "
    they're both the same game o-o  "
    Heart Gold is better! I will say that because that's what I played when I was younger on the GBC. I don't care if they're the same game or not.
    Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Romination
    @AgentJ said:
    " Tough choice, but I'd say that because pokemon has so much to offer I'd go with one of those games. That said, if you  have the money for both pkmn and warioware, I think its a good idea to pick up both.  Silver's better by the way. You can get Lugia. "
    but you can get Lugia in both.
    I suppose it comes down to what colour you like more when it's a Pokemon game. Or do a bit of research on a fansite to see which Pokemon are available in each without trade.  That's really all that matters in the differences between them. And you and your rival's default names.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
    @AlwaysAngry said:
    " @AgentJ: You can get Lugia in Gold too...

@AjayRaz said:

" @iamtirrrred said:

" @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "

Heart Gold is better! I will say that because that's what I played when I was younger on the GBC. I don't care if they're the same game or not. "
    You can catch it in heart gold too? So can I catch ho oh in silver? Whats the point of coming out with two versions then? That was the whole point in the originals.
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By RobotHamster

Soul silver!! You'll get way more value out of a pokemon game and its fun stuff.  Warioware seems like a great game but its that sort of game that you'll be done and maybe bored with by the end of the week like scribblenauts.  And I pick silver over gold because of no reason what so ever because their the same game.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By oldschool

D.  Both 
    E.  Both 
    F.  Both 
    G.  Both 
    H.  Both 
    I.  Both 
    J.  Both

iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iamtirrrred
    @AjayRaz:@AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "

They're not the same game, some pokemon are exclusive to each version.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By beargirl1
    @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz: 
    They're not the same game, some pokemon are exclusive to each version. "
    whatever. besides that they're generally the same game. it's not like you're missing out on a completely different experience if you purchase one or the other. 
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgentJ
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz: 
    whatever. besides that they're generally the same game. it's not like you're missing out on a completely different experience if you purchase one or the other.  "
    I'm actually lucky that I picked up Soul Silver, because some of my favorites (Mawile, Ralts(?)) are only available in Soul Silver. But yeah, for the casual fan, there isn't a huge difference.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By oldschool
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz: 
    whatever. besides that they're generally the same game. it's not like you're missing out on a completely different experience if you purchase one or the other.  "
    Exactly.  They both play the same way, just with character availability variation.  My kids have both, so they just trade with each other.  You most certainly can live with one and you pick the one with the characters you prefer.
    iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iamtirrrred
    @AgentJ said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:

@AjayRaz said:

" @iamtirrrred said:

" @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "

Heart Gold is better! I will say that because that's what I played when I was younger on the GBC. I don't care if they're the same game or not. "
    You can catch it in heart gold too? So can I catch ho oh in silver? Whats the point of coming out with two versions then? That was the whole point in the originals. "
    How can you get both in the same game! No one is going to trade their exclusive legendary Pokemon for anything else.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Ben_H
    @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:

@AjayRaz said:

" @iamtirrrred said:

" @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "

You can catch it in heart gold too? So can I catch ho oh in silver? Whats the point of coming out with two versions then? That was the whole point in the originals. "
    How can you get both in the same game! No one is going to trade their exclusive legendary Pokemon for anything else. "
    Yes, the one dude in-game definitely hints at you catching Lugia if you go to Whirl Islands and do some stuff(I have HeartGold.  Ho-oh is a TANK.)
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By FlipperDesert
    @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "

Because Ho-Oh ain't got a thing on Lugia, dawg.
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Ben_H said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AgentJ said:
    " @AlwaysAngry said:

@AjayRaz said:

" @iamtirrrred said:

" @AjayRaz said:
    " @iamtirrrred said:
    " @AjayRaz said:
    " SOULSILVER  "

How can you get both in the same game! No one is going to trade their exclusive legendary Pokemon for anything else. "
    Yes, the one dude in-game definitely hints at you catching Lugia if you go to Whirl Islands and do some stuff(I have HeartGold.  Ho-oh is a TANK.) "
    Even in the original GBC ones you can catch both. In silver, you get the silver wing and are told to go to Whirl Island. You can still get the rainbow wing and go to the burnt tower though, where you find Ho-Oh. 

BUT! You only have one master ball.
    FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By FireSketch

C'mon people, Heart Gold has Growlithe.
    The cutest Pokemon out there!

iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By iamtirrrred

I Got SoulSilver like everyone said. I traded with a friend that had HeartGold so I have all the exclusive Pokemon from HeartGold. I have the best of both worlds.

Here is my FC: 0775-7004-6301
    Let me know what Pokemon (any) you want and then we will trade.

No Caption Provided
    Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Cwaff

Heartgold/Soulsilver will last you a lot long than Warioware I imagine.

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By laussica

i got over warioware its alright and hooking up to the wii is a nice features but its def not as much value as gold/sliver remakes, but also the series hasnt really changed in the decade since it was first released so some people get bored of it easy
    i hope black and white speeds up the battle system 
    but yeah i enjoyed soulsliver/heartgold alot more

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.