Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pro Evolution Soccer 2016

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 15, 2015

Konami's long-running soccer franchise returns for a 2015 release, taking more advantage of the Fox Engine, among many other improvements.

Might be the first PES game I'll buy in years!

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

So I casually downloaded the PES 2016 demo on PS4 not thinking to much about it, after all I hated the feel of 2015 and have been a FIFA guy now for many years. Thing is whilst I had fun playing as the women international teams in the FIFA 16 demo I though the overall gameplay had seen barely any change from FIFA 15. So this morning I decided to load up the PES 2016 demo and WOWSER! I was not expecting that. Now PES was once near enough unbeatable for gameplay and was only limited by a lack of licenses held down by EA, sadly that is still the case in regards to licenses but comparing the two gameplay wise as really highlighted the issues EA have got with its gameplay.

PES 16 feels so much more dynamic and lively and each player feels unique in how they play. I haven't seriously played a PES game in years now but I think 2016 might be the first year in a very good while.

Anyone else checked out the demo?

phrosen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I haven't played a football game since Fifa 98 but everyone kept going on about how great this year's PES was. So I preordered it. On Steam. Without a demo. Maybe the PC version is great, maybe it's a stinker.

Either way, I'm looking forward to it unlocking day after tomorrow.

Avatar image for shoguns_decapitator
    Shoguns_Decapitator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I fell outta love with this series after the perfection that was PES 06 and was very much a FIFA player, after playing both demos I get a greater satisfaction from PES.

Reading a few words of caution from people who already have it, apparantly squads aren't up to date, it's pretty much the same squads from January which is really disappointing, hopefully a first week patch to amend this?

Probably going to hold fire on it for now and see how it plays out.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Captain_Insano

@shoguns_decapitator: I think that PES05 was the height of the series but I feel mostly the same way. Also the FIFA games got good around 2009 - they were piles of junk before that.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good game, but I still have no idea how the fuck to defend against the assholes that just always do that manual run thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.