Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Prototype 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 24, 2012

The sequel to Radical Entertainment's 2009 ultra-violent sandbox game, Prototype 2 returns to an urban landscape ravaged by an all-consuming virus.

Quick question (Potential feature removed!)

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Remember on the first game if you held the direction of whatever power you wanted to select, Mercer would do a short animation to equip them, instead of them just appearing? It could be used to BADASS effect in the middle of a battle if you were surrounded!! I cant figure out how to do that in this one!!

Also, the allocation of powers to either X or Y. If you hold LB, whatever power is highlighted will be equipped anyway, so I don't get what the point of the shortcuts are for? Pressing X in combat with something like the claws unequipped just punches a dude!

Any clarification on the above is most appreciated!! Apart from that, its LITERALLY more of the same, even down to the animations for pretty much everything! Kiiiiinda lazy tbh!

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Sambambo

I don't understand your first point (I havent played the game), but how would that change the effectiveness of a move?

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Ah no not the effectiveness, even though during this animation if dudes were next to you they'd get cut up, na I just meant for effect you could trigger these animations! And if they've took em out, thats kinda lame!

dragonboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By dragonboss

@ShalashaskaUK666: I know what you mean, like that animation too but I've tried everything and it does not seem to be in the game at all, a shame though. At least they're giving us the armour ability which was missing.

EndlessLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By EndlessLotus

You can't manually use the animations like you could in the first game.

@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

Also, the allocation of powers to either X or Y. If you hold LB, whatever power is highlighted will be equipped anyway, so I don't get what the point of the shortcuts are for? Pressing X in combat with something like the claws unequipped just punches a dude!

And I'm not even sure what you're saying here....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.