Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PSN Play

Concept »

A promotional program for downloadable games on PlayStation Network that began in 2011.

GALAK-Z, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture Among 2015's PlayStation PLAY Releases

• 82 results
    leatherthumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

GREAT article! Thank you man!

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By Cirdain

Is 07/28 - N++ coming to the PC?

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By LeStephan

YES I am anticipating every one of these very much!

And goddamn it austin, you have one hell of a lovely writing-style, I dig it a LOT. Also love "seeing mundane spaces rendered in high detail" and going by the comments there are plenty of us :)

allenibrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I already have Journey on PS3, but since I just got my PS4, and I loved that game, I think it's worth re-downloading. And yeah, pretty excited about all the other titles! Loved playing N on the school computers many years ago, loved Dear Esther, and LOVED what I played of Galak-Z at the last few PAX Easts. Great promotion, and great article Austin!

libb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By libb

Pretty sure I'm going to buy all of these - I loved Galak-Z when I played it at PAX East last year (although I'm super-bummed it won't be coming to Vita after all - that seemed like the PERFECT Vita game), I love N+, I missed Journey when it came out on the PS3 and figured I'd wait for the PS4 version before going back to it, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture looks fascinating.

Also, Austin, your/your friend's mom's story about Journey is incredible. Do you have any links to any of the blogs this secret cabal of elder Journeymen wrote? I love hearing stories about people outside of the "usual" demographic of gamers being dedicated to a specific game.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

all but Journey, already played that.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope that Everbody's Gone to the Rapture is good. Out of the Gone Home, Dear Esther, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, these I will call "walking games," I found Gone Home to be by far the best. I thought Dear Esther was just boring and the end where you turn into a bird was super stupid. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter had a really cool detective element but everything after the first two puzzles was insanely easy.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That story about Journey is incredibly heartwarming. Thanks, Austin!

I was kinda hoping that maybe The Witness would be part of this promotion. It has to come out someday, right? Right?!

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By noizy

Hey Austin,

I question your excitement about Galak-Z. If you really were that excited the release date would have been in the first paragraph. In fact the articles could have read "Galak-Z is out August 4th on PS4" and nothing else. I dunno man. ;)

BigDaddyTool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@austin_walker That Journey story brought a big ol' smile to my face. Thanks for sharing.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I played GALAK-Z last September and hopefully an extra year of dev time helped. I really wanted to like it but I just didn't really like the way it controlled and the load times were easily over a minute.

austin_walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noizy said:

Hey Austin,

I question your excitement about Galak-Z. If you really were that excited the release date would have been in the first paragraph. In fact the articles could have read "Galak-Z is out August 4th on PS4" and nothing else. I dunno man. ;)

The initial draft of this was just "GALAK-Z: THE DIMENSIONAL" over and over for just pages and pages.

I decided to be a LITTLE restrained.

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wanted to play through Journey again last week, now this, yay.

Galak-Z looks cool, EGTTR look mysterious.

I did play n+ a while back, don't know if I'll pick it up though.

whur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is exactly what I wanted, why should I buy these games other than galak-z. Especially good to see that there is a free version of N that will give me a better idea on that purchase.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got all four. And I also got The Fall for 8 bucks and The Last of Us: Left Behind Remastered for 5 bucks. And Rocket League for free. PSN killing it right now.

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Journey story is tremendously heartwarming. Every time I hear of these magical moments, I am at once both encouraged and disappointed by the industry. Encouraged because joys like this exist and serve to enlighten more people as to the delights games can offer. Disappointed because these instances rarely receive the fair coverage in the larger media alongside all the fear-mongering and protesting. Nevertheless, it brought a smile to my face :)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I had a dream last night about N++ out of nowhere, and now this comes up. I can see through time!

Also, I'm really curious to see how Galak-Z turned out. Seems like that one's been in the hopper for years longer than I would have guessed.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By Elwoodan

Galak-Z, and Rapture both look pretty cool, and I never played journey so.... good month I guess?!?

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

@benmo316: yeah they look great! i never played journey so having that will be awesome as well. Such a good time to be a gamer!

Benmo316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chilipeppersman: Journey is amazing! I played it on PS3, and it's one of those games that you only need to play once. But that one experience is amazing! Enjoy!

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cool story about Journey, wow - a dedicated group of players helping others experience an excellent game. That makes me happy.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Also Dan Pinchbeck (of The Chinese Room) wrote SCARYDARKFAST which is a rad deep dive on DOOM. The stuff about the making of DOOM isn't anything new, but seeing Pinchbeck do a close reading of the different episodes is super cool.

KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By KnifeySpoony
    @jbuds said:

Any news on the PC release of Galak-Z? I want some of that in my life but I dont have a ps4.

I've been waiting for this game for 2 years and it's a couple months off from the PS4 release NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Oh well at least PC version is coming this year. Really unfortunate that the Vita version was dropped.

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, that is one stacked promotion. Feels like I've been waiting for these for forever. (for for for)

borklund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this offer not coming to Europe?

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Gosh, they really do not care for Europe do they?

Bad enough that consoles cost 600 bucks here, even worse that games cost 90+ bucks (yes, more than 90 bucks, you've heard me) instead of 60 (even though, surprise, we're not earning as much as they do in the US), but then they don't make these promotions worldwide (like Steam does), and they don't even have a release date for Journey EU. They really don't like their EU player base.

Avatar image for kirbythealmighty
    KirbyTheAlmighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to buy all of these, but MAN am I excited for N++.

I used to play N at school everyday, and when I got my 360, N+ was the first game I got all of my achievements in.

I look forward to spending a stupid amount of time in N++.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I assumed this was the same promotion as the "summer of digital" thing I've been seeing in the store. Apparantly not? That's a bummer. I really want to play....like all of these games.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super bummed about Galak-Z not coming to vita, was really looking forward to that.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#81  Edited By ProfessorEss

@jbuds said:

Any news on the PC release of Galak-Z? I want some of that in my life but I dont have a ps4.

Oh man, that's such great news to hear that its exclusivity is only a matter of months.

Can not wait to get my hands on Galak-Z, by which of course I mean I can wait a few extra months.

skuupin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As far as I am concerned N+ is not beatable. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

mr_creeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These came and went and I didn't even notice...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.