Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds has the most satisfying and exhilarating win of any game?

smeffw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I dropped to a good position within the raining map. I found some great gear. I moved strategically to survive while avoiding other players. When it got down to the end I crawled through the mud while everyone else fought it out. The intensity ratcheted up with each passing moment. It came down to me and one other player. He made the mistake of crouching right in front of me and I took my shot. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner I had done it. I played an entire solo match and only killed one person.

Does Playerunknown's Battlegrounds have the most satisfying and exhilarating win of any game?

Are there any other games that feel this good when you win it all?

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ivdamke

Sure, If you haven't played many competitive games.

EDIT: I should probably say that I just don't feel like there is much at stake so it wasn't all that impactful for me. It's not a highly skill based game and the time invested is pretty minimal so in the time I played it it didn't have that effect on me.

I also played many similar ARMA mods where it was birthed from so I'm probably desensitised to it.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By nnickers

No.

Successful Street Fighter run-backs are the most exhilarating wins in games.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think beating a challenge or completing something in any game will ever feel as exhilarating as beating I Wanna Be the Guy after months of painful progress through it.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Last second Rocket League wins

Beating a Dark Souls boss after countless attempts

Plenty of similar feelings, I haven't played PUBG and think I would like it, but I don't think it's tension and elation are wholly unique

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BoOzak

I'm not sure if exhilarating is the word I'd use but beating a high level raid boss in WoW was pretty damn satisfying at the time. Destiny's raids felt pretty good to beat too.

I dont really get that amped up playing competitive multiplayer games since I tend to listen to podcasts and that keeps me mellow. It feels good to win but not that good.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mems1224

Nah, I feel way more excited just winning a round in Rainbow Six Siege. Especially when you're the last one left against 2 or 3 people

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Counterstrike dominates this.

Hell battlefield 1 gets more feels than this.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A buddy and I played duo and got to the last 5 players left in a very small white circle. We heard 2 v1 going on across a small hill so me and him just laid prone until the fight was over. The ui marked 3 players remaining which mean it was me, my buddy, and Charlie left. When he went over the ridge he didn't see us and we place a handful of rounds into him while my palms sweaty and shaking could even aim straight.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Pretty god damn satisfying. Can't think of much else right now that makes me so nervous. Only thing that comes close to me is madden online when you make a last second touchdown or a stop on defense.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Battlerite and Street Fighter have the most exhilirating wins for me. The former has left my heart pounding out of my chest.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I thought getting the dinner was very exhilarating. But mostly towards the end 15 minutes, the early game is more cozy. Theres also no ranking at stake but Iits a lot more satisfying to be a lone survivor after all that time than winning a team based shooter, Dota or starcraft.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penta kill in a league of legends or beating a few of the tougher souls bosses are at the top for me but I haven't even played battlegrounds yet so maybe I might fluke out and get the dinner and it will top those, kinda doubt it though. I guess it depends how competitive you are as a person.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nothing comes close to the feeling you get from winning a neck and neck DOTA 2 game. Especially one that is 60+ minutes long and a single fight will determine which team wins. The stakes at play and the amount of coordination (both for yourself, and with your team) needed to win just makes it the most stressful and exhilarating thing.

With that said, a good PUBG win feels really fucking good - especially a well coordinated squad victory.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WheresDerrick

I just played my first (and now only) solo match and won. This is how I won:

No Caption Provided

It was really intense and exhilerating to the point that my lungs/chest hurt for a couple minutes after.

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I say PUBG is up there, and I haven't even won yet. Made 3rd place last night. It ranks higher than team based games for me because it's all you, there's no one to back you up, any dumb decisions will get you killed. And even the moments in between, like when you're in a house and you hear footsteps and you look out and see a guy running into the adjacent house to loot it... gets my heart pounding as I look back and forth to see him come out and enter my house and I hear footsteps all over and doors opening and closing. I think it's the anticipation of it that it does really well. Games like street fighter just kind of happens and gets me going in a different way. Having that said, I think PUBG also loses points for the luck based components.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By Trilogy

The only other game that gave me a similar thrill was raiding in World of Warcraft. All the preparation, weeks of wiping every night, then finally the attempt comes where you get the boss low and everyone's alive and you can hear the intensity in their voices. Boss goes does and everyone loses it. Heart pounding, all that good stuff.

The advantage PUBG has is that you put WAAAAAAY less time in for the same thrill. Kind of amazing really.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.