Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PUBG: Battlegrounds

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 23, 2017

A survival-shooter led by the modder behind the Battle Royale mods for the ArmA series. It is one of the progenitors of the "battle royale" sub-genre, pitting 100 players in a large empty location where they must scavenge for weapons and fight to the death.

This might be the dumbest PUBG story you've heard!

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Hyperbole, I know. This time, I think it might be justified.

I just bought this game, made a character and launched the matchmaking. Then remembered I should look at the controls. I changed a few things around and then then it was time to parachute into my very first game. Solo

I hid, tried to move to the circle, was looking for people. Made it to the top 50, made it to the top 25, made it to the top 10. I didn't fire a shot.

Made it to the top 5. The circle is tiny, around a cornfield, nowhere to hide, except for a tiny bush. I'm in the top 4. I have to move, circle is shrinking. Theres a ridgeline, it's all I have. I make it there and go prone. I'm in the top 2!

There's the other player, proning along below the ridgeline, he doesn't see me! I aim, I shoot. Nothing happens. I panic, realise it's some problem with the keybindings. I quickly go into settings, he hasn't seen me. I have NOTHING binded to FIRE WEAPON! 'Do'h. I change it. He still hasn't seen me.

I realise now, I clicked ok (I didn't see apply on the right hand side). I go looking for him. For the second time, I have a clear shot from behind. He hasn't seen me. I aim, I shoot. Again nothing happens. I'm back in the settings and it hasn't applied. Then I die. FML.

Feel free to poke fun. I'm going back in!

Anyone had a Chicked Dinner, on their FIRST EVER MATCH (or otherwise), denied in such a DUMB-ASS WAY. My fault.

I guess, I accidentally binded something else to left click, changed that other thing back and didn't go back to FIRE to put left click back onto it.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By qrdl

@topcat88: You wouldn't want that chicken dinner anyway! That bird was tainted by the RNG poison.

The story might be better as it is, because everybody can imagine your panic.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its insane that OK doesnt save the changes.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By RetroMetal

Never played the game and my two questions here are...

What is the default binding to fire?

and...

Why the hell would anyone change the default fire binding?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thought this was going to be a lore thread.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Now I just want to see the footage from the other guy's screen where you run up behind him, come to a complete standstill, and get unceremoniously blasted while in the settings menu.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel your pain to a point, on my second ever match, I got to 2nd place and I lost first place because I ran up to the body of the 3rd place guy who just died leaning against a building and thought it was the other guy, so I was just blasting a dead body for a few seconds before realising what was happening. Then the guy who won 1st, threw a smoke grenade up and over the house and I got distracted by that, and he ran up behind me and killed.

So this guy just saw some idiot letting out rounds into a ragdoll.

However, like @retrometal I find myself curious, why do you change the fire button? Or whatever key/button do you change it too?

I have a pretty weird set of key changes myself (UHJK instead of WASD for instance) I've never changed the firing key, have some sort of custom gaming mouse type thing?

TopCat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@retrometal: @zolroyce:

I accidentally changed that key binding, I was doing it too quickly and rarely, if ever play KB+M games. I think I selected something else to change and double clicked by mistake to re-bind whatever I was changing to left click. I changed this back to what I wanted, but didn't realise that this action had deleted the fire binding and made it blank. I didn't need to fire my weapon until it came down to the final 2 so I didn't realise what I had done.

The default binding is left click, but I ended up with it binded to nothing.

I'm 99% sure I clicked OK and it didn't lock in my change, but at this point I was in full panic mode, so it's possible I clicked cancel by mistake. I definitely didn't see/click apply.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topcat88 said:

@forteexe21 said:

I'm 99% sure I clicked OK and it didn't lock in my change, but at this point I was in full panic mode, so it's possible I clicked cancel by mistake. I definitely didn't see/click apply.

You probably did click OK. It always happen during the GB stream too where Vinny/Dan makes changes, click OK and then do it again cause they didnt hit apply. I'm shocked they still haven't fixed it.

tgjessie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won the first match I played, solo.
    My performance in the many matches that followed make me wonder how the hell I did that.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Hah! That's pretty good.

nicky_lizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol that's awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.