Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Pyre

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 25, 2017

Lead a band of exiles through an ancient competition in the third game from Supergiant Games.

This Framerate, Though...

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#1  Edited By tearhead

Playing on standard PS4 and getting some horrible FPS drops in the mid to late game. They especially seem to happen during the most inopportune times, like when I'm trying to defend my pyre the last second as my opponents are making a move to score. This game is great, but loosing frames in a game where precision is key, and every split second matters is infuriating.

Here's an example of I'm talking about (Captured on my PS4, contains slight spoilers):

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've been playing on a new 15-inch Macbook Pro, which is not a massively powerful gaming PC, but should totally be enough to play Pyre (it's not out for Macs yet, so I play it on Windows using Bootcamp). I get pretty much a solid 60 fps if I play it in 1080p (looks that way anyway, i haven't done proper testing or anything), but I have this nice 4k monitor, so it's a bummer it wont hold up to higher resolutions than that.

Interestingly, even on higher resolutions, the rites are still usually pretty smooth, it's the world map that has framerate problems. It's weird that it seems like the PS4 problems are all about the rites. In any case, the PS4 base model should be way powerful enough to support 1080p60 on a game like that, it seems like they haven't done all the optimizing they can. I bet this will be fixed with a patch coming fairly soon.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Happened to me on Pro as well and it kinda seemed to just occur despite nothing that different happening on the screen, so hopefully it's something that can be patched.

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I'm having similar difficulties as well (specifically during the rites). My game is also crashing every 20 mins (often during the rites). I am well above requirements and updated my graphics card, tried running in and out of full screen but keep having to restart my PC. Might give up on this until they patch it.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Little late, but just finished this today. While I really liked it, boy did that framerate really make me crazy sometimes. And yeah, it seemed to happen for almost no conceivable reason, outside of maybe the endgame where there is quite a bit going on. I gave up on the 12 Titan thing the one time I tried, because with the framerate it was basically impossible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.