Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 4

Game » consists of 39 releases. Released Jan 11, 2005

Special agent Leon S. Kennedy travels to rural Spain to rescue the U.S. President's kidnapped daughter in Resident Evil's sixth canonical installment. It is notable for a lengthy development cycle which involved a complete overhaul of the series' established gameplay mechanics.

Wonder why Luis never made it into Mercenaries.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Just a thought that's always pecked at the back of my brain whenever this game comes up. I mean, you've got Wesker in there who only plays minor roles in side-content, HUNK too, despite the fact that he literally has nothing to do with the game in any way whatsoever, yet a supporting story character gets shafted?? Even though the game has been ported like 45345353 times??

You even see him in-game being all shooty and stuff with the Red9. I mean his melee attacks are probably just a carbon copy of Leon's at that stage, but still, just really strange. Technically you can play as him via mods in the PC version... but then by that logic you can play as Hatsune Miku if you want to, so I don't think that counts.

Also, just a random extra tidbit, but it's fucking hilarious how you can shoot Luis enough times to the point where he gets sick of your bullshit and blows you away.

Just such a crazy little detail that didn't need to be in there... Pretty much sums up a lot of RE4 in general really - a game with such attention to detail that you really don't see in most other games. And then after everything the poor bugger has to die after being penetrated by Saddler's giant scorpion penis. Tough luck...

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

You know what would have been an interesting thing to see added to RE4? A chapter like Ada's where you play as Luis. I mean, he runs off on his own several times, and he has to be getting into some scrapes along the way. Plus, he finds the damn vaccine for you before Saddler ruins everything. Where did he get it from? I remember a document saying the bad guys suspected Luis using the woods as cover, it would be a good excuse to make some new areas. Too bad this'll never happen.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Hatsune Miku in RE4.... now we're talking.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Because he's not a fan of big parties.

"Did you send out those invitations? I told you no more than 50 people!"

Seriously though I also would have liked to see more of Luis in general.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I'm not a big fan of the guy but I hinm his death is one of the weakest parts of RE4. It's so random and comes out of nowhere.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

You know what would have been an interesting thing to see added to RE4? A chapter like Ada's where you play as Luis. I mean, he runs off on his own several times, and he has to be getting into some scrapes along the way. Plus, he finds the damn vaccine for you before Saddler ruins everything. Where did he get it from? I remember a document saying the bad guys suspected Luis using the woods as cover, it would be a good excuse to make some new areas. Too bad this'll never happen.

Oh yes, Luis totally deserved his own Separate Ways-esque side story. But that would obviously require much more time & effort than just plopping him into Mercenaries mode. I mean, really, what would be required? Two new melee animations, adjusting the character menu to fit him in, and I suppose he could do with his own Mercs theme if they didn't just simply pull from something pre-existing. Seems like a really unfortunate waste of what can't have been too much effort.

Poor Luis. #prayforluis #buildingthelist #ballistics

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.