Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Co-ops gonna kill it.

TheLongshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheLongshot

Its sad to say but i don't have much hope for this game, I've been in love with the series since the original but i feel it may have reached its olympian heights of greatness with RE4. Needless to say Re4 wasn't quite an actual survival horror game, it was way more of an action game, anyone who has played an RE besides 4 can tell you that (you kill more enemies in the first 5minutes then you do in the entiriety of the originals). now it seems their straying even further from the original idea feel and formula. And for what you might ask? to add a bs co-op mode. i mean hey im all for games involving co op, there does seem to be a shortage of good ones out there, but if you want to play co op with someone you go out and get something like gears of war, when you want to play an atmospheric survival horror game, you get something like resident evil. So why do they feel the need to add a gimmicky mechanic in order to make the game better? I even understand that in all the other resident evils there have always been at least two playable characters (i.e chirs and jill Re1, leon clair re2) But why now add a second character the player has to worry about in the single player experiance? why not just add a seperate co op mode? i just dont see the reason as to why they have to go mucking up what used to be a great single player experiance.

iMiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By iMiles

I feel this is exactly what the whole Diablo III debacle was based upon. Gamers afraid of change. Don't forget, you don't have to play Co-op. It'll be just like a more active Ashley in single player otherwise. I feel that with RE5, they're bringing the fear back, and according to some interviews, the latter part of the game is going back to the roots.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Just because a game is changing, doesn't mean it won't be good. I'm sure capcom know what they're doing and won't ruin it.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By KingBroly

The problem I have with it being co-op both off and online, but only because in these situations, like we've seen, your ally A.I. is GARBAGE.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By brukaoru

I don't have much hope either. Shinji Mikami leaving automatically makes me feel skeptical. Jun Takeuchi is involved, which helps, but Mikami was pretty much the person who changed the whole direction RE went in, thus creating RE4. Capcom's direction lately seems to be a "copy and paste" formula as well, another reason I'm not that excited for this game.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Lemegeton

i am worried about the co-op as i would only play it after finishing the game myself as like you im all about the single player experience in a RE: game.
    However i am conscious that all the footage of the game we have seen has been from the beginning of the game and does not represent the game as a whole.
    So im hoping the pace changes to the old survival horror style after the opening action sequences we have seen in trailers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.