Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil 5

Game » consists of 38 releases. Released Mar 05, 2009

Resident Evil 5 follows series alum Chris Redfield as he journeys into West Africa with his new partner, Sheva Alomar, fighting Las Plagas-infested enemies called the Majini.

Resident evil 5 PC - Same time as consoles?

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DeadlyPain

alot of websites are saying that its been practically confirmed - no proof of it.....but still ;)

afew UK sites have listed it up for pre-order AND to be released at the same time as consoles (march 13th)

im not sure but damn this'll be so cool if it is coming out for PC at the same time as consoles, we all know Res5 will more then likely be out on PC but at the same time as consoles? Pure awesome :D - im in love with capcom!

This, Dead rising Chop till you drop and street fighter 4 - capcom sure are impressing me with there titles :D
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

I doubt it will be released at the same time, but I guess an official confirmation will come soon.

Also, you are impressed with Chop Till You Drop, really?

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DeadlyPain
    brukaoru said:
    "I doubt it will be released at the same time, but I guess an official confirmation will come soon.

Also, you are impressed with Chop Till You Drop, really?"
    im not like everyone else demanding next gen graphics, and yes im fully aware the wii version won't be zombie chaos, but theres still plenty enough to kill and theres alot of new content, and no time limit!! << something that pissed off everyone on the x360 version ;) hehe
    I'd much rather it be out on PC but as that won't happen the Wii version will have to do till Dead rising 2 comes out
    mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By mracoon

I hope RE5 is actually playable on PC unlike RE4, which didn't even have mouse support.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DeadlyPain
    mracoon said:
    "I hope RE5 is actually playable on PC unlike RE4, which didn't even have mouse support."
    lol - i think they learned that mistake ;)
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

If you think Chop Till You Drop looks good I think you must be a bigger fan of Dead Rising than I thought, the type of fan that loses all sense of rationality.

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeadlyPain
    Linkyshinks said:
    "If you think Chop Till You Drop looks good I think you must be a bigger fan of Dead Rising than I thought, the type of fan that loses all sense of rationality.
    "
    the main reason im getting it is because i don't own a x360 anymore (im a pc gamer only recently bought the wii) and as theres no PC release, the wii version of the game will have to do.......*cough* lol
    coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By coaxmetal
    here

so, looks like it Will be released at the same time. Hopefully.I wouldn't count on good kb/ m controls thought Honestly, that style is better suited to a controller anyway imo. l ended up buying a 360 controller for DMC4 (an excellent port otherwise).
    DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeadlyPain

Sweet - Cheers Riboflavin

Now it's been confirmed will it be cross platform (PC - x360)? DISCUSS! lol Joke ;) - as if pc gamers wanna play against x360 buggers shouting BOOM HEADSHOT every 2 seconds (or having to listen to the 11year old annoying girly american voices o_O) haha xD
    then again.....pc is just as bad with people actually saying "lol" instead of laughing  ¬_¬ Seriously people, either laugh or stfu lmao

Sorry, rant over ;)

alls i did in RE4 was own zombies*cough*spanish(or whatever they were lol)*cough* - for the sake of argument they are MUTANTS lol - Was just kill them over and over and over again, Such fun :D
    coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By coaxmetal

Heh. Thanks =P

Zombies is zombies. Mutants, infected, whatever, they is all zombies. Or Zombines. those too. does anybody really say "BOOM HEADSHOT?"
    also, I think its ok to say "lol" if its for irony's sake. Anything is excusable in the name of irony. Now, 'scuse me while I wait for FEAR 2.

merlinisg0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By merlinisg0d

I totally was not expecting this, i was thinking it would come to PC like a month after the console release but now I'm just praying they get the controls right....

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    DeadlyPain said:
    "Linkyshinks said:
    "If you think Chop Till You Drop looks good I think you must be a bigger fan of Dead Rising than I thought, the type of fan that loses all sense of rationality.
    "
    the main reason im getting it is because i don't own a x360 anymore (im a pc gamer only recently bought the wii) and as theres no PC release, the wii version of the game will have to do.......*cough* lol"

I would hold out for a PC version, the Wii version is just so sad looking, it loses all that made the 360 game cool (NPC count)

Hell your posts have actually made me want a PC version. Damn you and that HMV link!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

atleast the pc version will be modded better.

Josef_Nastra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Josef_Nastra

I'm getting this for the PC. As with all my games.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By ShadowSkill11

RE5 PC? Right... because Capcom has always had such a great record with PC ports in the past...

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Diamond

Resident Evil 5 is not even announced for PC yet.  It's not coming at the same time as the 360 and PS3 versions either.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By coaxmetal
    ShadowSkill11 said:
    "RE5 PC? Right... because Capcom has always had such a great record with PC ports in the past..."
    Actually, DMC4 is an excellent PC port. It needs a controller to play well, but its very well optimized and has better graphics on PC than on consoles, as well as excellent SLI support.

Also, RE5 for PC isn't a port, exactly (more on that later).

Diamond said:
    "Resident Evil 5 is not even announced for PC yet.  It's not coming at the same time as the 360 and PS3 versions either."
    According to the link i posted above (this) it has been officially stated, they just didnt make a big deal about it.  And that makes sense, because the game is actually developed on a PC, and the ported to consoles, not the other way around. Capcom is using their MT Frameworks engine to develop it, which is used to develop games on PC's and then is easy to port to consoles. (MT Framwork). Since it is developed natively on PC, its easier to release it for PC at the same time, since they dont need to take the time to port it.

That being said, DMC4 was also developed usong that engine and they still waited on a PC release.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.