Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

In this multiplayer-focused shooter, the evil Umbrella Corporation and the U.S. Government clash in the hellish zombie-infested remains of Raccoon City in a battle for survival and control of the truth.

At the risk of sounding like an apologist......

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By QuistisTrepe

I should preface this with the disclosure that I picked this game up at Best Buy's one-day sale, therefore I didn't risk the $60 that the early adopters did.

With that, I'm actually having fun with it. Sure, its flaws are always being waved in my face, some of the game and level design wear on my nerves, but this game just went from being a total shitbomb IMO, to guilty pleasure. I've played through the campaign mode to get used to the game before I start playing online. The controls are actually responsive and competently put together.

I think this game is best played using all of the characters, though the cynic in me thinks most gamers will just use Vector with full leveled up camo and BS their way through the game. I'm actually excited to start playing online.

I'm curious however about what happens with unlocked/upgraded skills and weapons with online play. Are they carried over, or are there some presets used just for online mode?

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DoctorDanger99

i liked it alot. was it game of the year materialfuck no.but its fun. i kinda regret spending 60 on it. 40 would have been about right.but it was fun playing co op with my girl and i had alot of fun in multiplayer.its for sure a diamond in the rough but i enjoyed it. i only hope that capcom doesnt let the hate bring them down and we get a fully fleshed out sequel/

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By me3639

@DoctorDanger99 said:

i liked it alot. was it game of the year materialfuck no.but its fun. i kinda regret spending 60 on it. 40 would have been about right.but it was fun playing co op with my girl and i had alot of fun in multiplayer.its for sure a diamond in the rough but i enjoyed it. i only hope that capcom doesnt let the hate bring them down and we get a fully fleshed out sequel/

Im just hoping you are not driving tonight.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

Everytime I read that someone out there enjoys this game I begin to furiously masturbate in public to express my rage. Anywhoo, so I read that there's been a patch put out that was meant to fix a substantial amount of the bugs and even AI, so it's no doubt in a much better state than when I last had the displeasure of playing through it. That said, I'm still not in any rush to head back in and see how things may have 'improved'.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

@Yummylee said:

Everytime I read that someone out there enjoys this game I begin to furiously masturbate in public to express my rage.

this is either the best or worst thing i have ever seen you write

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By connerthekewlkid

i thought it was pretty good

DoctorDanger99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DoctorDanger99

meh,i liked it.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By QuistisTrepe

@Yummylee said:

Everytime I read that someone out there enjoys this game I begin to furiously masturbate in public to express my rage. Anywhoo, so I read that there's been a patch put out that was meant to fix a substantial amount of the bugs and even AI, so it's no doubt in a much better state than when I last had the displeasure of playing through it. That said, I'm still not in any rush to head back in and see how things may have 'improved'.

I did say the game was a "guilty pleasure." Please don't jerk it in public and risk callouses and incarceration over a misunderstanding.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By _Zombie_

@QuistisTrepe said:

@Yummylee said:

I did say the game was a "guilty pleasure." Please don't jerk it in public and risk callouses and incarceration over a misunderstanding.

Ignore this. Do it, hopefully it'll get on the news.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.