Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Mar 20, 2012

In this multiplayer-focused shooter, the evil Umbrella Corporation and the U.S. Government clash in the hellish zombie-infested remains of Raccoon City in a battle for survival and control of the truth.

Online feels brutal

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By QuistisTrepe

I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else notice how radically unbalanced this game is online? Newbies seem destined for a lot of hard knocks by getting constantly matched up against teams with vastly higher rankings. I'd have to say it's either that, or the number of people playing online has dropped or it's because I have the Echo expansions enabled, further increasing my chances of getting thrown in with the hardcore. I'll also try sneaking in some online time during the day and see if that changes things up a bit.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Sackmanjones

This is because the game is kinda bad.

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By connerthekewlkid

the thing i would suggest in playing the medic class and use the pheromone bombs as much as you can to overpower the enemy or someone chasing after you and also know where the first aid spray spawns on the maps to makes passees there when your around. Also probably just buy the tommy gun

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By QuistisTrepe

@Sackmanjones said:

An invaluable contribution to the discussion.

@connerthekewlkid said:

the thing i would suggest in playing the medic class and use the pheromone bombs as much as you can to overpower the enemy or someone chasing after you and also know where the first aid spray spawns on the maps to makes passees there when your around. Also probably just buy the tommy gun

I might try that. May also need to use only weapons that are better able to trigger blood rampages over power weapons, unless they're shotgun types as most encounters are pretty much up close to begin with.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MariachiMacabre
    @QuistisTrepe

@Sackmanjones said:

An invaluable contribution to the discussion.

@connerthekewlkid said:

I might try that. May also need to use only weapons that are better able to trigger blood rampages over power weapons, unless they're shotgun types as most encounters are pretty much up close to begin with.

Sackmanjones is right, though. The game is shitty so it's no surprise the multiplayer is just as fucked as the rest of the game.
    falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By falserelic

@Sackmanjones said:

I agree the game was so mediocre and poorly made. The game had potential but failed on many levels. I just hated that Leon fight in the end. It made no sense of how he was stronger then tyrant and nemesis put together.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @QuistisTrepe

I don't know if it's just me, but does anyone else notice how radically unbalanced this game is online? Newbies seem destined for a lot of hard knocks by getting constantly matched up against teams with vastly higher rankings. I'd have to say it's either that, or the number of people playing online has dropped or it's because I have the Echo expansions enabled, further increasing my chances of getting thrown in with the hardcore. I'll also try sneaking in some online time during the day and see if that changes things up a bit.

Don't mean to be short with you but thats how it goes. I'm a massive Resident Evil fan and really really REALLY tried to like this game. There was just no care or effort put into it at all. It's very obvious that the Resident Evil name was just to boost sales and from what I've read it worked tremendously.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @falserelic

@Sackmanjones said:

I agree the game was so mediocre and poorly made. The game had potential but failed on many levels. I just hated that Leon fight in the end. It made no sense of how he was stronger then tyrant and nemesis put together.

Yup. Like I said above, I'm a huge RE fan and this was a disappointment. Zero care was given to the game and your right the last fight and ending was just gross
    Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By connerthekewlkid

@QuistisTrepe: yeah try to trap them in buildings with the bombs

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By QuistisTrepe

@Sackmanjones said:

@QuistisTrepe

Don't mean to be short with you but thats how it goes. I'm a massive Resident Evil fan and really really REALLY tried to like this game. There was just no care or effort put into it at all. It's very obvious that the Resident Evil name was just to boost sales and from what I've read it worked tremendously.

Of course it was. Between the amount of DLC available on day one and renting out the RE brand to a mediocre developer, this was clearly a quick cash grab for Capcom, a company that was once among the tops in the gaming industry but has now decided to engage in all kinds of publisher vices that this gaming gen has to offer.

This game was abysmal when it was first released, but the patches have made this game is quite tolerable. Like I said in another thread, Best Buy's one day sale is the only reason why I own this game now and for just $18 I've been entertained.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By david3cm

"...This game quite tolerable."

- QuistisTrepe

Back of box quote if I ever heard one.

QuistisTrepe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By QuistisTrepe

@david3cm said:

"...This game quite tolerable."

- QuistisTrepe

Back of box quote if I ever heard one.

That sure wouldn't do much to promote it now would it? That's like hailing someone's performance as "not the worst." I didn't say the game was great, I implied that the game is far more playable now than it was at launch, like a 4.5/10 being moved up to a 6.5.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

What the fuck did I tell you?!

lol, but seriously if you really want some advice, play as the surveillance class with the ability that allows you to see everything on the map; really great way for catching other players off-guard or when they're close-by. Preferably with a medium class submachine gun. Otherwise play as the Recon class, naturally with invisibility, equipped with the... juggernaut shotgun I think it's called? Turn invisible, charge in - BLAMO! That's pretty much what worked for me and i bloody slaughtered everything. As much as i hated the game, I couldn't help but keep playing because of how good i was at it...

That said, maybe the community has gotten a lot tougher; maybe you've already tried those exact classes; but that's all I got. The Medic with the stimpack ability sometimes worked well, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.