Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Resonance of Fate

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jan 28, 2010

A "gun battle" RPG developed at tri-Ace in collaboration with SEGA.

The Tri-Attack Kicked My Ass

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By BraveToaster

So I started playing last night and entered the arena to get used to the battle system. As soon as I started the Tri-Attack tutorial I was confused as hell. The reference screen didn't explain how to execute this in detail, so I decided to keep trying until I got it right. I lost track of time, I didn't want to let something this early in the game keep me from picking it back up again,so I use google  to see if anyone else had the problem. I found a thread on gamefaqs where someone informed the OP to make sure all party members had 3 bullets; this helped out a little bit, but I still had to get the bullets first. So, I retry the tutorial, and was only able to get two of my party members the 3 bullets that were required, and I screwed that up. I finally decided to skip the tutorial and grind... this was a mistake because I got my ass kicked. I want to play this game so bad, is anyone else having this problem? Can someone give me a few tips?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By DocHaus

When you do a running attack (whatever it's called when you push X) and you see your current person's line intersecting in between the other two characters, run through it, shoot a bad guy, and you'll get a "resonance point." When you get enough resonance points, push X again, but instead of running or moving the cursor, push Y instead, and you'll see your three guys form a yellow triangle. Make sure there aren't any obstructions in the path or you'll have to do it over again. Once the triangle is set, push X, and the three characters will each charge up their own gun to attack one enemy. Make sure everyone has a gun or a grenade equipped, otherwise it won't work.

Hope this helps. Keep in mind I'm playing the 360 version, so if you're playing the PS3 then just transfer those controls over.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

...so what's the point of storing the points when you can just do a Tri-Attack with 1 point?  I'm confused about this too as I never get able to surround a target let alone have the points to do it.  3 hero slots are shit, I want back that big ass slots in the tutorial.  :(

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DocHaus
    @KaosAngel:  You don't have to surround the target, just make sure that your three heroes have enough time and space to charge up their weapons and focus on one target, and that there are no obstructions in the way.

Far as I know, you need at least 2-3 resonance points to pull it off. Different from the belze on the bottom of the screen.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel
    @DocHaus: You sure?  I had 1 RP and when I pushed triangle, it let me do it.  How do I get more Belze?!  I fought the red hex bosses and didn't get anything! 

EDIT:  So let me get this straight you get EXP for the type of weapon depending on how much damage you do correct?  I'm at Chapter two and I got everything to level 3-4 except grenades, and everyone is level 10 or 9.  I can't seem to level up anymore.  :(
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DocHaus

I've only just completed the first few chapters, so don't quote me on this yet...but I think there is a subtle level cap until you advance the story further.

Also, you regain "belze" by either breaking off a body part of the enemy (displayed by a small greenish ring floating around their body) or killing them completely. I don't know how to extend the maximum Belze yet.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
    @DocHaus: Fucking hell man, if this game wasn't so hard I'd easily say it's one of the best RPGs in the industry...but I can't.  I fought the first boss for a solid FULL HOUR and wasted almost all my cash on retries....until I said fuck it and just kept spamming grenades.  I can't even figure out what the fuck to do for the Ch.2 boss and GameFAQ is giving me all different answers.  

THERE ARE 10 MORE HARDER SETTINGS IN 10 MORE NEW GAME+ MODES!  ARE YOU FRICKIN' KIDDING ME?!
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DocHaus
    @KaosAngel:  Try using a bunch of SMG scratch damage, chip away at the armor, then use another weapon to convert it. It made the Tar Beast easier for me.

But yeah, the belze meter is quite finicky in this thing.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BraveToaster
    @DocHaus: Yeah I'm playing on Xbox as well
    vinsanity09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By vinsanity09
    @KaosAngel said:

" ...so what's the point of storing the points when you can just do a Tri-Attack with 1 point?  I'm confused about this too as I never get able to surround a target let alone have the points to do it.  3 hero slots are shit, I want back that big ass slots in the tutorial.  :( "

More resonance points = more attacks (turns) during the tri-attack if I remember correctly.

Like I said in another thread, my only gripe with the game is that the tutorial for the battle system suck. The first time that I tried to beat the first boss, I failed like 6-7 times in a row, so I gave up, grind for a couple of level while learning the battle system, came back and beat the boss on easily on my first try.

and for the second boss, use those metal coated bullets and do a hero action with Zephyr, and then one with with either Leanna or Nolan North, you should get some bezels back by breaking one of his body part. Do that a bunch of times and you should be able to beat him.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel
    @vinsanity09: 1 RP equels one full lap?
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By trophyhunter

whats to be confused about???
    it's 3 hero action then you push triangle or whatever the 360 equivalent is

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel
    @trophyhunter said:
    " whats to be confused about??? it's 3 hero action then you push triangle or whatever the 360 equivalent is "
    Man, this game is frickin' hard yo. 
    vinsanity09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vinsanity09
    @KaosAngel: I think so, I can't confirm because I don't have my 360 at the moment, but check the (in-game) manual, it should tell you about the resonance points
    DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DocHaus

Right now I'm trying to make a small guide to compile all the info I've collected, including stuff on Tri-Attack, but there seems to be a bug in the system preventing me from saving the guide.

Ah, nevermind, don't wanna derail this further. I think the initial question has been answered by this point.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KaosAngel
    @DocHaus: No!  Someone make guide...make life easier.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By trophyhunter
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " whats to be confused about??? it's 3 hero action then you push triangle or whatever the 360 equivalent is "
    Man, this game is frickin' hard yo.  "
    I've died once in my 10 hours of playing is actually not to bad
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BraveToaster
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    I've died once in my 10 hours of playing is actually not to bad "
    Well not everyone is as good as you are I guess.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Axxol said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    Well not everyone is as good as you are I guess. "

go ahead you can say it I'm amazing
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BraveToaster
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Axxol said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
     go ahead you can say it I'm amazing "
    You sir, are amazing!
    But to answer your question, the help menu doesn't do a good job of explaining how to execute the Tri-Attack. It would've been very helpful if they included a video . I was upset with myself because I was confused, now since I have a better understanding I should be okay now
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Axxol said:

" @trophyhunter said:

" @Axxol said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " @KaosAngel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
     go ahead you can say it I'm amazing "
    You sir, are amazing! But to answer your question, the help menu doesn't do a good job of explaining how to execute the Tri-Attack. It would've been very helpful if they included a video . I was upset with myself because I was confused, now since I have a better understanding I should be okay now "
    well I thought the written explanation was pretty good
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KaosAngel

Someone make a FAQ with all the information and bestiary and weapons and customizations!  I'd rather come here for guides and stuff than GameFAQ or GameTrailers.  Shouldn't take longer than a week for a RPG this size.  Go go go!

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#23  Edited By MildMolasses

I found most of that tutorial to be awful. None of the intro screens made it clear what it was you were supposed to do. It would have benefitted greatly if they had pop-ups during the actual tutorial fights to help explain what to do next. I got through them all, but it was really frustrating going back again and again to look at the instructions and not getting any ideas from it
    DharmaXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DharmaXII
    @KaosAngel: There is a whole chunk of a guide on rpgland.com

http://rpgland.com/sega/everything-youll-ever-need-to-know-about-resonance-of-fate-part-1-the-battle-system/
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KaosAngel
    @DharmaXII: I wanna hug you.  >.<

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.