Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rise of Incarnates

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 01, 2015

Rise of Incarnates was a Free-to-Play 3D-arena-based 2 vs. 2 fighting game developed by Bandai Namco. The game was officially shut down on December 15, 2015.

Impressions Thread

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The game have went from early access to full release yesterday.

I tried it couple of hours ago and it looked pretty damn fun for a first try and i didn't notice any lag at all.

Would love to know your impressions.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

@giant_gamer: I was going to make this thread, but it looks like you beat me to it.

Anyways, I put a few hours into the game between yesterday and today, liked it enough to actually add things to the wiki for this game. It's essentially a more modern, more cooperative Virtua On but with people instead of robots, and the 2v2 makes it a lot easier to work as a team even when you're not really trying. Yeah, the F2P system might get a bit grindy, but you can buy all the character's with in-game money, and I've just about bought the third of the playable cast that I'll be using the most. This game fills the hole that the all but dead Anarchy Reigns left in my heart. I just wish there was more info online than people whining about how this game is not Gundam.

The best part about this game so far? You can play the President of the United States and fire a giant lightning cannon at anyone foolish enough to challenge you.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: I guess we share the same reason for playing this game. Anarchy Regins have died too quick for us to move on.

I really liked the 2vs2 style of the game as it encourages cooperation between players yet it doesn't make the stage feel crowded.

The criticism towards the game have been unfair from what I've read on its steam page. They are either upset that it's not a Gundam game or because you can buy characters with real money, eventhough whatever character you buy will be permanent and there's no rng mechanics when you're using your own money.

Anyway, i had a problem with the game and i hope that you know how to encounter. Yesterday, i faced a couple of ranged only teams and i failed miserably against them. I couldn't get close to any of them since they only spam attacks at me and my partner and i still don't know a way to counter their playstyle without going with a ranged character myself

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giant_gamer: From what I've seen, it helps to have a Slayer (or maybe Lilith) when going up against ranged duos. In my experience, Slayer just has to keep dashing around and dodging shots until he gets within striking distance, then disable their long-range attack or special, making things a lot easier. At the very least, they can keep the bad guys occupied while you strike from another angle.

In other news, I'm currently maining Ares, but also having fun playing as Slayer on occasion. So many characters capable of shooting lasers across the map that sometimes I just feel the urge to be a super-ninja and rush down fools.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really liked the idea of the multiplayer in Anarchy Reigns. But it was a bit too laggy for whenever I played it. It felt like the Dark Souls PvP lagstab problem multiplied by 10 since the combat is so fast.

What's up with people saying it's not Gundam though? Is this game somehow related to a Gundam game?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderslash: The game engine was based off the similar arcade-y Gundam Vs. franchise, but this game uses an original IP with some new mechanics, and Gundam fans are incredibly salty about it.

Also, I have only seen a couple of games with unbearable lag after playing on and off for a few hours. Other than that I've had no problems connection-wise.

If anyone wants to team up in game let me know and we can trade Steam info.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Giant_Gamer

@dochaus: Holy shit! I wrote a pretty damn long post but it didn't register.

Anyway, i was saying that i was hoping to create a bombers circle but since the reception here is pretty low, i'm hoping to join an active circle. So if you are in one then please let me know.

@thunderslash: it can be laggy sometimes but never have been as laggy as AR gets. You can always try it since it's f2p and if you are into these type of games, i'm pretty sure you won't regret it.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ran into a pair of the ROI devs in a random ranked match. I don't even think I killed them once while they wiped the floor with me and whoever my partner was.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.