Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 09, 2006

The latest in Big Huge Games' well-received Rise of Nations series, Rise of Legends introduces a new 3D engine, some gameplay innovations, and three unique factions: the steam-powered Vinci, the desert Alin, and the mysterious Mayan-like Cuotl. The game combines elements from both traditional RTS and turn-based strategy games.

I claim this land for Spain!

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Rise of Legends is not a great game, but it is a good game that didn't get the attention it deserved.
    I've got a collection of RoL-related artwork that I collected across the Internet. It's well organized, and I'll try to upload it soon.

When will Giant Bomb have signatures?

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Lifestrike

Rise of Legends is an excellent game. It is a finely distilled real time strategy experience, wrapped in a beautiful and innovative visual style. In addition, it has an excellently done musical score by Duane Decker. It is a perfect example of quality strategy; simplified, well controlled and balanced action.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

This game was alright, but because of trying to be simplified balanced game, I found it to be a generic RTS with a nice skin over it. It was fun for a while, but won't last long term although i can see a cult following being in peoples personal game list.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio

I liked it, but I didn't like it as much as Nations.

JukeboxJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JukeboxJoe

I liked it, but it wouldn't run on my old pc and i'd moved on by the time i got this one. RoN was a great game though
    goldenshot80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By goldenshot80

Anyone tried cheating when you finsh the game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.