Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sable

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 23, 2021

Sable is an open-world exploration game developed by Shedworks.

Sable has been patched and the performance is much better

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey everyone,

I booted up Sable on PC Gamepass yesterday after seeing it got an update on Friday and holy cow the game plays much much smoother (on my PC at least).

There's still some hitching at times when your cruising through the environment, but it's usually accompanied by something loading in the distance, so it doesn't feel as constant as it did pre-patch.

With the performance being better than it was, I can now very easily reccomend this game. This is derivative, but it's basically Breath of the Wild without the combat. The exploration in this is just as satisfying and the accompanying music by Japanese Breakfast is incredible. I played for 6 straight hours last night and woke up ready to jump back in.

If you have gamepass and were waiting for some patches like me, I think it's worth checking in to see if performance is up to snuff, because gameplay definitely is.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I feel like the Series X performance got a bit better as of a week ago or so but maybe I just didn’t notice anymore. It’s certainly a unique experience but I can’t say that the act of playing it was always as compelling as the visuals. If movement and puzzle solving was just smoother and more fun I think it would go a long way in making the journey much more enjoyable. For a game that centers around traversal that speeder bike is just not fun to ride. Pro Tip: Get the bike parts associated with the lightening crystals quest as I found those to make your bike the most stable and fast.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By noboners

@humanity: yeah I think I only rode my bike for twenty total minutes yesterday. Because gliding doesn't take stamina or anything, I found myself just jumping off high pillars, gliding as far as I can and just running the rest of the way. The one time I tried to call my bike to me, it didn't move from where it was and I didn't feel like running to it, so I just fast traveled back to camp instead since that's where I was heading.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@noboners: I didn’t even know you could fast travel for a majority of my time with the game which led to a lot of bike riding.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.