Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

How do I take care of choppers?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

So I started playing this game and I am enjoying immensly. The only thing is that every time when I do a mission if a chooper shows up I'm pretty much fucked. Iv'e been been to every weapon store in the game and none have any rocket launchers. I tried shooting the sniper on it but it doesn't seem I can kill him. Any advice?

Right now I am doing a mission called "Taking Over????" and the chopper keeps messing me up.

Thanks.

pepperzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pepperzz

Drive a car into it, Bruce Willis style.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Shoot the sniper. That's how I delt with them before I got the rocket launcher. Either that or just keep shooting the chopper with anything till it blows up.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By colourful_hippie

Weird I don't remember ever having trouble with a chopper that made me have to shoot one down. I guess just drive away or something.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darkvare

upgrade your pistols to the point they get explosive ammo or upgrade your rocket launcher to the point it get homing rockets

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By OldGuy

Hrmm... I don't recall having any trouble either... I'll have to fire up the brand spanking new PC version I have and see what's up (any excuse for mayhem!)...

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By stonyman65

You can shoot the sniper as well as just shooting up the chopper until it dies. Assault rifles and dual upgraded pistols work great.

Also, use the default Shepherd pistols. Don't bother upgrading the Kobra ones you get from the cops. Once you you upgrade the Shepherds, they are pretty much unstoppable.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By _Zombie_

The upgraded Krukov is thy friend.

Talis12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Talis12

shooting the snipers is the easiest.. otherwise dump a shitload of bullets into the chopper itself

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

Fully upgrade the starting pistol as soon as you can. It eventually gets explosive bullets which are pretty good for taking down helicopters and the weaker cars, though nothing is as good as a rocket launcher for doing those things.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By penguindust

Once you upgrade to dual submachine guns with fire (TEK Z-10 Level 4), everything is easy to kill. Until you reach that point, I'd suggest shooting the sniper with whatever you have or snipe the pilot.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Upgrade your pistols so you get explosive rounds and then have fun killing everything with them.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Superkenon

I don't remember any missions forcing you to fight a helicopter before giving you the rocket launcher... hmm.

Well, the launcher and the sniper rifle are both good options, but those are given to you automatically during story progression, so I think it's safe to say you can't get them yet. Maybe you're supposed to avoid it for now?

If you've no other option, just keep in mind that choppers have HP like everything else, even if your weapons don't look like they're doing much. Hit it with everything you've got!!!!!!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By napalm

@mordukai: It sounds like you're causing too much damage. Usually, especially in the beginning, I'd be able to finish a mission before the choppers and tanks got too crazy. The assault rifle helps a bunch, though as somebody else mentioned, the pistol upgrade that allows explosive rounds takes care of things really quick.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Morrow

just keep shooting the chopper with anything till it blows up.

This :]

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#16  Edited By Mnemoidian

Yeah, just keep playing - you'll eventually get the tools you need to take them out (re:everyone's suggestions in this thread)

I seem to remember my goto-weapon being the fully upgraded pistols. But end-game advice is pretty irrelevant to where you are at in the game, so far! :)

Dauragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dauragon

I might be going out on a limb here but you should probably shoot the chopper with a gun or something.

Seriously, everything in this game pretty much explodes after a clip and a half.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.