Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Samurai Warriors 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 03, 2009

Players once again take part in a romanticized version of the Japanese Sengoku era, hacking and slashing their way through scores of enemies, in the first mainline Warriors game to be released for the Wii.

Samurai Warriors 3 official site is up, plus new trailer

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By VWGTI

The official site for Samurai Warriors 3 opened up today. Not much there at the moment, but they'll continually add new stuff leading up to the November release.

Here is a new trailer for the game. I'm really liking the new characters. Especially 
    Narita Kaihime who wields the whip-sword. I can't wait to see her move set.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

I haven't played a warriors type game since, um, ages ago, if that Miyamoto mode is more involving and good I might rent this...

Has their combat system advanced further to resemble these cut scenes more, with skillfull blocking and parries and what not?

Or are they just the same hammering one or two attack buttons for a few hours until all the hundreds of soldiers are dead?

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VWGTI
    @Al3xand3r: 

Unfortunately it's the latter. The combat system has improved a ton with each iteration giving you more combos to pull off and some that are great for specific situations (anti-area, block crushers, etc), but it's all still very familiar territory. Blocking has become a more crucial part of the combat system, but it's really only necessary against other officers. They have also added throw moves for some of the characters and others can counter attack.

One of the things I love about the Warriors series is that the game can be a deep as you want it to be. You can get technical and pull off a bunch of awesome combos and juggles, or you can just mash the attack button over and over again. Personally I like playing on Master or Chaos difficulty because it requires you to be a lot more technical. However, it's nothing like what you see in the trailer. It's all still very arcade-y.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok
    @VWGTI: And I hope it remains so. I get enough games that try to be deep and/or realistic. Some games need to be more like games than others or else video games will lose their flavor. This is one of my favorite series (All of the Warriors, not just Samurai), and I don't want the core gameplay to become muddled.

I like the new look of Yukimura. Not interested in any of the new characters I saw, except for the one with the spear.
    VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VWGTI
    @PureRok: 

Right on, dude. I love the entire Warriors series myself. It's all just good 'ol fashion fun with tons of stuff to unlock. Each title lasts me a good 70-80 hours.

It's nice knowing that I'm not the only fan around these parts. :)
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.