Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scribblenauts

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 15, 2009

Developed by 5th Cell Media, Scribblenauts is a puzzle-action game for the Nintendo DS in which players can spawn thousands of objects from a vast database to aid in solving puzzles and overcoming obstacles... or just dicking around in silly and hilarious ways. The choice is yours!

Really Disappointed

Big_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Big_D

I'm really disappointed  that the GB crew didn't cover this game at all. This one little DS game has more going for it than most of the 5 games all the sites were talking about. Plus they could of really seen what would happen between a T-Rex and a bear. Hope it doesn't get passed over when it comes out.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I agree. Hopefully they will take a look at this game, instead of ignoring the community's recommendation (like what they did with Princess Debut)

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By daz0608

Yea but you gotta remeber that there was only 3 people covering games they can't look at everything

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CenturionCajun

True, during the E3 Day 03 wrap-up video Jeff even said he didn't play Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time because he didn't have the time to stand in line for it. They are only three men, a camera guy, and an intern. I'm shocked they got around to as much as they did.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By EpicSteve

DUDE!
    That's how we'll settle the debate! Put a bear and a T-Rex in the game together.

bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By bartholomew999

I can't get too worked up over this one.  GB needs page hits like anywhere else, they have to choose the games that are going to attract views.  I have no concerns with this myself.  Though Scribblenauts is really on my radar.

MrSpaceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MrSpaceMan

I wanted to se more of the game.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By AgentJ

I'm sure Giantbomb would have done a great thing on the game, but they seem oblivious to handhelds most of the time, so i'm not shocked. It doesnt even look like they did a Nintendo booth tour.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By meptron

One of the nice things about Giant Bomb is that smaller titles like this that don't get much attention can still have a nice gamespace, because the community can take charge and edit the wiki. That way, there is still plenty of information available for those interested in learning more about the game. I'd suggest that somebody who is really into this game should write some more detail about it.

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deathawk

Well, ou gotta remember, before E3 this game was essentially a joke. Everyone laughed at the premise of writing anything using it to solve puzzles, however at E3 is when this thing really took hold.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jimbo
    @Deathawk said:
    " Well, ou gotta remember, before E3 this game was essentially a joke. Everyone laughed at the premise of writing anything using it to solve puzzles, however at E3 is when this thing really took hold. "
    Exactly.  Unless they happened upon it by chance, there is no reason why they would go out of their way to cover it.  If this buzz had been around pre-E3 then maybe they'd have covered it.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayge_
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " True, during the E3 Day 03 wrap-up video Jeff even said he didn't play Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time because he didn't have the time to stand in line for it. They are only three men, a camera guy, and an intern. I'm shocked they got around to as much as they did. "
    Drew is staff.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By oldschool
    @AgentJ said:
    " I'm sure Giantbomb would have done a great thing on the game, but they seem oblivious to handhelds most of the time, so i'm not shocked. It doesnt even look like they did a Nintendo booth tour. "
    This isn't really surprising though.  This isn't the site to go to when you are interested in the DS or Wii.  Proper coverage is done better elsewhere.  The site is good for the way it is run and the members.
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By yoshimitz707
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " True, during the E3 Day 03 wrap-up video Jeff even said he didn't play Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time because he didn't have the time to stand in line for it. They are only three men, a camera guy, and an intern. I'm shocked they got around to as much as they did. "
    Vinny is just as important as everyone else!! He's not just a camera guy!
    ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By ToxicAntidote

I bet the bombcast will be totally overloaded with discussions about this game when it's released. Just think about it,
    there's tons of opportunities to prove and test different things like who's the strongest monster, can a fly lift a tree,
    will the bomb survive a journey through space etc, etc. There's gonna be Scribblenauts-casts and videos,
    and plenty to go around for those who got disappointed about that GB didn't report from E3 about it.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Kohe321
    @Daz0608 said:
    " Yea but you gotta remeber that there was only 3 people covering games they can't look at everything "
    Indeed. The game looks sweet, though.
    Avatar image for altered_confusion
    Altered_Confusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 264

I have to agree that it is disappointing that they didn't cover Scribblenauts, but at the same time as so many people have stated they are only 3 guys at E3 and its hard to see and/or play all the games that are available. I'm sure we'll hear a lot about this game when it comes closer to release, so I don't have too many worries.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e
    deactivated-59c96a6e99d9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@EpicSteve said:
    " DUDE!That's how we'll settle the debate! Put a bear and a T-Rex in the game together. "
    Trex > 1 Bear 

Trex > 2 Bears

3 Bears > Trex 

Confirmed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.