Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadow of the Beast

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released May 17, 2016

A reimagining of the classic Amiga side-scroller.

So is this game still coming?

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Castiel

So since this game was revealed at last years Gamescom I haven't heard anything about it. I used to play SOTB III a lot on my brothers Amiga though I was never very good at it so I never got that far. But that said SOTB III is still one of my earlier video game memories and I got weirdly nostalgic when they revealed it at gamescom. But a year without any news is a long time. I don't usually get nostalgic for these kind of revivals of older games but this one actually made me excited.

I thought we would get to see a bit more of this game at Gamescom but unfortunately not. I hope we get to hear more about this game before the end of the year cause if we don't I suspect that something must be wrong and Sony is just trying to sweep it under the rug and hope that people forget that they ever announced it. I really hope that this isn't one of those productions that just slowly dies.

Was anyone else surprised or excited when they revealed this game originally and do you still think it's coming or might something be wrong?

Also this might be the best game over screen (SOTB II):

It's so intense and atmospheric. It fucking blew my mind back in the day.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It's being developed by Heavy Spectrum Entertainment Labs and their previous releases don't inspire much confidence in me for an atmospheric, big budget action game....more like an HD port of the old game.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

My friend once got so excited about the music in Shadow of the Beast he invited me over to his house just to hear it. It took forever for that damn game to load on his Amiga.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I *fucking love* that game over screen.

Surprised it was announced? More like shocked to mind melt. Shadow of the Beast? Anyone who says they predicted another sequel is a liar.

I hope it'st still coming and I bet it is. I always guessed the announcement trailer was a purely conceptual thing. Doubt we'll see anything at TGS, so either next Devcon or E3 I wager.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.