Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shadows of the Damned

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 21, 2011

As demon hunter Garcia "F**king" Hotspur, players must venture into Hell itself in order to rescue Paula, Garcia's innocent girlfriend, from the sadistic torments of Fleming, the Lord of Demons.

Anyone get full 1000/1000 or Plat Trophy?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

I'm sitting at 900pts right now.   I have to beat the final act on Hard mode and thats the last 100pts for me. 

Also just pro tip for anyone trying to get all the upgrades for that achievement.  Do that on easy mode as gems only cost 45 white gems to buy which makes it muuuuch easier to try to do. Seeing as your going to have to play it on all 3 difficulties anyways because apparently difficulty achievements don't stack.   

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By Sooperspy

I got around 625 points in a Demon Hunter difficulty (Medium) playthrough.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Don't think I'll bother for the platinum. I'll most likely complete it again on hard mode and that'll be that.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By matpaget

I'm just one play through away from clinching a Platinum. 
    I really love this game, so I'll have the last two trophies (Legion Hunter and Platinum) by the end of the long weekend.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I started my first playthrough on Hard, but I'm skipping out on collecting the red gems because they're expensive in Hard Mode. But I think afterward I'll go back through on Easy and exploit some of the gem glitches to Platinum. I've never Platinum'd a game, so this will be the first.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Liquidus

I would Platinum this game but the way you have to get all the Red Gems is so stupid. Even on Easy, where Red Gems cost 45 white gems, you still have to grind your way with certain spots with infinite respawning enemies. If you miss those spots and just figure the white gems they give in the game will be good enough, you won't get the "High in Las Vegas" trophy/achievement. The game basically forces you to grind out white gems if you want that trophy, is kinda pissed me off when I found that out on 5-3. If I do finish the game on Easy, I'd have to playthrough again in order to get the Red Gems. That really bummed me out.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By musubi
    @Liquidus:  There are multiple spots where you can get red gems to respawn.   Anyplace in the game where you can collect a red gem get to a new save point then go back to where the red gem was after going to the title screen and reloading your game you can do this with. 

In 4-3 you can turn the 2 gems in that area into SIX extra gems by doing this.   There are only however a few areas you can do this at as most places will not allow back tracking.
    Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Akeldama

Got every trophy and finished it on Satanic Hell. Fucking love it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By musubi

Woo, just finished tonight.  =)     Hard was actually pretty damn easy for the most part.   Need to play it on its 4th difficulty.....

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10  Edited By Yanngc33

Depends on how the game pans out. I did that boss fight with the guy on the horse and I'm pretty sure I never want to do that again. Also the fact that the difficulty cheevos don't stack is the dumbest thing ever

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By musubi
    @Yanngc33:  Really? I thought that was by far the best boss in the game.
    me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By me3639

@Liquidus said:

I would Platinum this game but the way you have to get all the Red Gems is so stupid. Even on Easy, where Red Gems cost 45 white gems, you still have to grind your way with certain spots with infinite respawning enemies. If you miss those spots and just figure the white gems they give in the game will be good enough, you won't get the "High in Las Vegas" trophy/achievement. The game basically forces you to grind out white gems if you want that trophy, is kinda pissed me off when I found that out on 5-3. If I do finish the game on Easy, I'd have to playthrough again in order to get the Red Gems. That really bummed me out.

I just got effed. My final play through on easy and this cost me. Really disappointing. Love the game but its time to move on.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lemmycaution217

I got the full 1000 today. I did not think it was very challenging at all. Still need to try Satanic Hell though.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By MikeGosot

I am the only one who haven't done "The Pupeteer" achievement yet? >:

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15  Edited By Yanngc33

@Demoskinos: it was definitely one of the more creative ones but I thought that the part where you had to shoot the things on his back was kind of annoying. Maybe I fought him the wrong way

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By spankingaddict

Yeah, I got the platinum.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I got the full 1000 about a week ago. I haven't played through Satanic Hell yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Got the full 1000 earlier today. Do you get anything at all for playing through Satanic Hell? Like an extra epilogue or something?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.