Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

1st Dungeon

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SSbabel

Leading up to the first dungeon, should i be focusing more on leveling up my characters and persona's or increasing my social link status?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Focus primarily on getting through the dungeon. Your characters should level up naturally as long as you don't avoid fights all the time. You can work on your Social Links when you're done. Once Yukiko is rescued, your party members will be available for Social Links more often.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SSbabel

Thank you sir for your help.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189

As LA said friend, work on pushing your way through the dungeon first, and build links as you go. By the time you get to around level 40, you should have some substantial links to go off. Don't gimp your character levels for social links, or it will be very hard to get through. And enjoy the game! My friend phoned me up before and said "OH GOD I THINK I GOT THE BAD ENDING!"

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By subject2change

I think you can only get the bad ending on the first play through. And ya you really don't ever need to grind levels if you don't avoid fights and CLEAR all the floors instead of just rushing to the stairs. I also always re-clear dungeons after I complete them for the shadow at the top floor and the extra item and courage they give, doing this helps tremendously with experience and completing the side quests. About 28 hours in myself and my "charlie" is currently level 40.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By endaround

No you can get the other endings, its just hard to get anythinmg beside the bad ending.

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By trav3ler

Yeah, with all due respect to Jeff and Vinny, don't follow the Endurance Run's example and leave everything to the last minute.  Always strive to clear the dungeon in one day if possible (although this really only becomes possible after you meet fox and get his SL to like level 5 or so).  If you can't, then take advantage of the random rainy days that appear throughout the time you have, because most of your SLs close down on those days so you really don't have much to do anyway.

And in regards to the Normal/True Ending, it's very hard to get them without consulting an FAQ.  Without trying to spoil anything, there's a very very emotionally charged and amazing scene where you have to select several dialogue options correctly in a row, otherwise it cuts straight to the bad ending and you miss out on 7-8 hours of gameplay.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By subject2change
    trav3ler said:
    "Yeah, with all due respect to Jeff and Vinny, don't follow the Endurance Run's example and leave everything to the last minute.  Always strive to clear the dungeon in one day if possible (although this really only becomes possible after you meet fox and get his SL to like level 5 or so).  If you can't, then take advantage of the random rainy days that appear throughout the time you have, because most of your SLs close down on those days so you really don't have much to do anyway.

And in regards to the Normal/True Ending, it's very hard to get them without consulting an FAQ.  Without trying to spoil anything, there's a very very emotionally charged and amazing scene where you have to select several dialogue options correctly in a row, otherwise it cuts straight to the bad ending and you miss out on 7-8 hours of gameplay.
    "
    As I haven't finished the game yet, is there a way to save before that moment or know when its coming up (without spoilers)? As i'd hate to just have the game end because of some last minute choices in the game...and would rather not look up in a guide to not get screwed and need to play another 70 hours of the game. While I plan to replay it, i'd rather get the most out of it on my first play through where the 2nd would be for filling up persona compendium and side quests and finish any social links i may of missed out on.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By endaround

The game doesn't really say this is it, but they do have exams right before that so most people are going to save right before it just because its the first time they can in like a week and few want to have to go through exams again.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By subject2change

Well once I see the end of the exams i'll know to keep that save file backed up lol; I do know the game ends around Christmas Time of 2011. Guess i'll just make tons of save files and back up on my PC lol after exams.

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Daroki

The game actually can end in March of 2012, but only if what you seek is "truth", but your search is definately harder.

Burntlettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Burntlettuce

For all dungeons you should do them right away, don't wait to the last minute, you only shoot yourself in the foot. Well don't do them right away but crack away at them little by little.

The social link status will always be there.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By endaround

No you shouldn't do them little by little.  Doing them right away is fine if overblown (only the Dojima SL is really affected) but you should do it in as few days as possible.

Burntlettuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Burntlettuce
    endaround said:
    "No you shouldn't do them little by little.  Doing them right away is fine if overblown (only the Dojima SL is really affected) but you should do it in as few days as possible."
    I usually do 3-4 levels a day, depending on how my SP is.
    WrenchNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By WrenchNinja

For me, I did the first couple of dungeons over the course of a couple of days. Thought by the time I hit June/July, I was able to breeze through dungeons in one visit. Of course I had a decently leveled Fox Link.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.