Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

P4-General help thread

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

With many people this at the moment, I guess a general help thread would be a good idea. Just post here if you have any sort of issue, post it here and advice should be given post haste.

Such as me playing at the moment in

[spoiler]Heaven and not being able to beat the boss at the top, he wipes me too much.[/spoiler]

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By endaround

How high a level are you?  Does the rest of your party carry any weaknesses?  Which attack is getting you?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fallen189

Will check levels tomorrow, and my only weakness is Ice on Yuki. It just seems that sometimes the Ice 3 all seems to hit for 500+ on my MC which I have no way to counter, get saved by. I think ill grind away the night tomorrow.

legendary1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By legendary1

When he casts quad converge he gains a bit of resistance to all elements, but one element will do 4x normal damage to everyone for a while (this is the element he starts using). After he uses quad converge you may need to guard just to wait and see what element it is thats boosted, after that switch to a persona that reflects whatever he is using (null or drain work as well, but repel is awesome when he hurts himself for tons of damage). If a party member is weak to that element definitely keep them guarding unless you are brave. Then you can use the same element yourself and gain that juicy damage bonus. I was hitting some insane damages on him, well into the quadruple digits after buffs/debuffs. Went down incredibly fast.

When he is hurt a certain amount, he will take control of the rest of your party once and they attack you for a turn or two. Its not nearly as bad as it seems (there won't be any 4x damage effect on the battle at that time), but don't get caught by surprise. Just keep your health high and guard and you will be fine. If you do enough damage quick enough you won't even see this move, I didn't.

I can't remember my levels for this boss, but it was around 60ish.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fallen189

Just went up against him for the 4th time. Did a bit of grinding and did better this time. Made it to about 10% when he just spammed unerring justice and I couldn't outheal it, mainly because Yukiko was just simply running out of SP. I'm going in with MC, Chie due to her immunity to ice and 0 weaknesses. Yukiko for fire immunity and heal/res. I'm using Naoto as my last. but I'm struggling to see what the use of Naoto is at the moment. All I seem to use her for is on an offround when I need to use a medicine box or macca leaf, or to throw people SP restoration stuff. I have a feeling I need to bring in an older character, but they're so outlevelled by now, and I evolved Yukiko and Chie's personas.

Argh

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Red

When he uses Uneering justice (that's the one that increases the power of a certain element, right?) just guard, and wait for him to attack. Then switch to a persona that repels, absorbs or immunes it, and attack him with that element, while keeping everyone else on guard, unless they can null the attack, and then you can have them go ahead and attack with the element as well.

It's also helpful to use magic mirrors.
    With your Naoto dillema; she's not very good with bosses, or in combat at all. It's not hard to train up someone who's underleveled. Just go through the dungeon for a second time. It'd probably be best to go with Yosuke or Kanji. I had no trouble with this boss, and I don't grind, so it shouldn't be hard using this strategy.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fallen189
    Red said:
    "When he uses Uneering justice (that's the one that increases the power of a certain element, right?) just guard, and wait for him to attack. Then switch to a persona that repels, absorbs or immunes it, and attack him with that element, while keeping everyone else on guard, unless they can null the attack, and then you can have them go ahead and attack with the element as well.

With your Naoto dillema; she's not very good with bosses, or in combat at all. It's not hard to train up someone who's underleveled. Just go through the dungeon for a second time. It'd probably be best to go with Yosuke or Kanji. I had no trouble with this boss, and I don't grind, so it shouldn't be hard using this strategy.
    "

Unnering justice is the one he uses at quite low hp, the non elemental 250/300 damage on all thing. It's just hard to outheal.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Red
    Fallen189 said:
    "Red said:
    "When he uses Uneering justice (that's the one that increases the power of a certain element, right?) just guard, and wait for him to attack. Then switch to a persona that repels, absorbs or immunes it, and attack him with that element, while keeping everyone else on guard, unless they can null the attack, and then you can have them go ahead and attack with the element as well.

"

Unnering justice is the one he uses at quite low hp, the non elemental 250/300 damage on all thing. It's just hard to outheal."
    Well, with that you should just have you and Yukiko uses Mediarama. I didn't really run into this issue as I had an accessory that would raise Yukiko's healing by 50%. It still shouldn't be too hard with two healers. Using Tarunda to lower his attack wouldn't hurt, either. If you could dig up a Soma, the battle would be a cinch.
    legendary1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By legendary1

Yeah, Naoto is really weak in most boss battles, though she can use megidoloan + mind charge its really expensive. Try Yosuke, Masukukaja should save a lot of damage, his air skills are very strong, and his physical is pretty decent. I don't think kanji brings too much, its probably about 10 levels away that he finally gets his super awesome physical skill. Red's right in that lower leveled characters level up REALLY fast. Depending on where they are expect them to gain 3-5 levels every fight until they are within 5 of the rest of your party.

For getting past unneering justice, you have a few options. You can just deal huge damage to get past it as quick as possible (should easily be possible if you buff, debuff, and mind charge a persona with a -dyne spell +boost/amp). Also, you can use a -break skill I believe after he uses quad converge to boost damage even further, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I recommend this, but you have to do it for each elemental type of course since the boss can choose any element to boost. You are going to want to fuse together these kinds of powerful persona's focusing on just one element soon, might as well do it now and have fun taking off 1/3-1/2 of the bosses health with a single strike.

Otherwise, you can give yukiko the Blessed Hands accessory if you have it (Sold from the weapon shop, findable through chests or fishing), or take mediarama yourself + divine grace if you dont have that. That makes mediarama 50% stronger and should do very well at healing more efficiently.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fallen189

Update. Did from floors 1-7 today with Yosuke, who was at 49. Got him up to 58 now, with the rest being 62/64. Managed to pick myself up a reflect of everything but wind, which is no big, seeing as I managed to pick up a lilith from the card chance, which is not only lightning reflect, but also has the skill which lets me put up a reflect for one turn only. Goodbye losing a yukiko turn for guarding!

Will update when I win..or lose.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fallen189

Went back and trashed him, then finished the game with the bad ending. Going back now to get the true one....but I don't want it to end. It's gonna be a sad day.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Red
    Fallen189 said:
    "Went back and trashed him, then finished the game with the bad ending. Going back now to get the true one....but I don't want it to end. It's gonna be a sad day."
    Noyce. I've never actually heard of anyone that gets the true ending on the first try. The game loses its lighthearted edge around now, but it's got some great revelations.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fallen189

Going through the last dungeon now. I did so much grinding to beat the last one that I'm steamrolling through this one. Hoorah! Coming up on level 68 now with main 4  and drawing more personas then I can shake a stick at. I should go back to the velvet room and get the 50% compendium complete. One thing is bugging me though. The items you get from maxing a social link. What purpose do they serve?

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By endaround

The items allow you to fuse the ultimate persona for the given arcana.  More important in P3 when items carried over to new games. 

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fallen189

Just finished. Manly tears.

Mistral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Mistral
    endaround said:
    "The items allow you to fuse the ultimate persona for the given arcana.  More important in P3 when items carried over to new games. "

Persona 4 does carry over the max s-link items into a NG+, so you can fuse max s-link personas without actually maxing the s-link(assuming that you maxed it in a previous run, of course!).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.