Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Tips on my first dungeon. (Very early game spoilers)

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

Well, I have never play a SMT game before so I am very new to the game.

I need some advice. What lvl, peronas, items etc will I need to beat yukikos castle?

If there is anything else i need to know please tell.

With lots of thanks, Yukoei.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

Nothing. Just play through it and you'll pick it up as you learn. Maybe pick up a slime for red wall, but that's it.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Yukoei
    @Fallen189: How long will it take (in real life)
    Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Drebin_893

About 10 hours. It will be good, that will be 10 hours where you're not making topics on Giant Bomb.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

Not entirely sure. Maybe an hour/hour and a half.

Just take it slow, learn how all the mechanics work and enjoy it. The persona SLIME will give you a skill called Red Wall, which can be good against the main boss to take out Chies ice weakness. But you should fuse red wall OUT of slime and ONTO a better level persona.

I imagine I will be yelled at for this, for people saying BE X LEVEl, or DO WHATEVER, but I think the best advice is just to learn how it plays first, and then go through it. I only had trouble on one boss, it's kind of an easy game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Seriously, I agree with Fallen, you don't need to have tips for the beginning of the game.  Just enjoy the experience.  Trying to beast your way through it will make it less fun for you (unless, for some reason, that's how you enjoy playing a game).

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Dalai

Just don't rush through the floors.  It doesn't hurt to grind in the beginning.  Other than that, it's pretty easy.

dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By dopeman

go watch the endurance run they probably did it better than most of the persona freaks around here.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By lemon360

Red Wall

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Pepsiman

Fallen is completely right on this one. Yukiko's Castle is really the place where you get to know the battling mechanics in a pretty safe environment and, after a little while, develop your own style for fighting. It's not a terribly difficult place as long you learn from your mistakes and are willing to experiment here and there, so just roll with it and see what's for you. Persona games, especially 3 and 4, are designed to let you do things your own way and make it just as viable as somebody else's method, something that I think a lot of overly hardcore players have forgotten on their continual quest to make them seemingly just about Trumpeter, Debilitate, and Christmas. As already stated, 4 isn't really all that hard to begin, especially at Yukiko's Castle, so just mess around and see what works for you; the game is pretty straightforward enough in its mechanics where your instinct should be enough to get you through it from start to finish.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By endaround

The mid boss at Yukiko's Castle I found harder than the main boss so just be prepared.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @dopeman said:
    " go watch the endurance run they probably did it better than most of the persona freaks around here. "
    I'm not too sure about that because several of the "Persona freaks" here had already played previous Persona games.
    LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#13  Edited By LordAndrew
    @dopeman said:
    " go watch the endurance run they probably did it better than most of the persona freaks around here. "
    They have luck and loads of advice helping them out (but mostly luck). That's not great advice.
    amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By amino
    @dopeman said:
    I glad you said "better than MOST OF persona freaks".If not,I laugh endlessly because....ER play better than persona freaks like me?They even need Yosuke/Chie to attack and Yukiko to heal to defeat a boss in normal mode while I beat the same boss alone(solo) in expert mode...ahh,I dont want to brag here :P
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @LordAndrew said:
    " @dopeman said:
    They have luck and loads of advice helping them out (but mostly luck). That's not great advice. "
    You know, that's something that constantly surpises me, especially in the beginning of the Endurance Run.  They faced bosses when the odds were against them (like Teddie's) and they still managed to pull through.  They've gone against enemies where they nearly died, but still succeeded (one time comes in mind where the only thing that saved them was Charlie miraculously evading an area attack, which would have killed him).  Maybe I was just reckless when I was playing, but I remember dying way more then they have in their playthrough.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By eirikr

I think a lot of their successes came from the fact that they had two talking heads. They took pause to consider their situation, played it safe, and didn't rush. Even a bad bufu here and there was recoverable. 

When I played it for the first time I was trying to rush through it as fast as I could and subsequently I died once at most bosses. This is why they died at the Heaven boss.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Eirikr: Yeah, that's probably it.  It often frustrates me how they often over-analyze things or take their time (Vinny waiting for a shadow to turn around all the time, especially), but I guess that it usually pays off for them in the end.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#18  Edited By Hailinel

The boss of Yukiko's Castle was really one of the few points in the game that gave me any real trouble.  The only real piece of advice I could give is that it would be beneficial to do at least enough grinding to the point that Chie learns Mabufu.  For me, that was a good indicator that I was at about the right level for taking the boss on.  On the other hand, I made it through the entire game without use of any of the Wall spells, though Red Wall would have been a definite benefit fighting that boss.

Once you get through Yukiko's Castle, you should start to feel more freedom as you grow in level and gain the ability to fuse and stock more Personas.  The game should hopefully start feeling easier at that point.

Koihime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Koihime

I battled Yukiko when i was lvl 23 just to be sure but people said lvl 10 was good enough for Yukiko... so i kinda went over it......... and if you got a Persona Angel in the Shuffle times. I suggest you stick with it ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.