Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

two questions

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

how far do you say jeff and vinny are in their endurance run percent wise im guessing

because im tempted to pick this game up  because of their endurance run but if they are say 35-45% done  ill just stick along for the ride then
    Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

Percent Wise? Not that far really. 15%ish

Only the second dungeon, quite a few more!

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
    mrfluke said:
    "how far do you say jeff and vinny are in their endurance run percent wise im guessing

because im tempted to pick this game up  because of their endurance run but if they are say 35-45% done  ill just stick along for the ride then"
    Persona 4 is a long-ass game, and you certainly get your money's worth. I've read that the game spans around 80 hours. If that's the case, they're around 25% complete with the game itself, but I don't think they're going to go all the way through the game in the endurance run.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

35-45%?....they're maybe 10-12% done if that just going by days past, which there is far more to the game than that also. If someone was going at a decent pace through the game at their point there would still be a minimum(as in getting a bad ending and cutting it shorter than getting the good/true)  of probably 50-55+ more hours. At least 60-65+ for good/true ending, but thats still going through it faster than most do, or you would want to for that fact.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mrfluke

they are gonna have to do some sort of live stream and knock a good chunk of that game down

im gonna guess the main quest is about 60-hours but ive seen people make the game last over 100hours on 1 playthrough is that number even possible 
    if so then im gonna be playing this game right up to bionic commandos release date :D
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By endaround

I was at 105 but that included some time leaving it run because I was going to be right back and then its 3 hours later.  I also tend to listen to most of the voice acting.  To put in perspective, there are 8 dungeons in the game, the first 6 you run through twice.  They are at the end of the 1st run of the second dungeon.

And they aren't even really doing the quests as such.  People around the school and town will give you different quests to get things on 2nd runthroughs of dungeons or just to talk to different people around town.  They take time to do.
    trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By trav3ler

90 hours on my first playthrough.  Then my memory card got corrupted and deleted everything, so I'm doing it over again.  46 hours in, at the second-to-last-dungeon.

First playthroughs are always much longer, and especially if you have the New Game+ benefits, the second will go by a lot quicker.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By subject2change

They are also going much slower cause they are doing commentary while they play; so they often pause for 30 seconds to laugh and stuff all of that adds up over time. When I started my playthough I caught up to them at like 12 hours when they were already 19 or so in. You can easily catch up to them in a weekend if you put in some good time as you already know what is happening in the game.

And ya they really need to make backups of their saves or something, cause I know they are going to get corrupt data eventually...i've never lost anything yet but have had scares of "data cannot be loaded" or "memory card not found" on my PS3 so I started to back up to my PSPs Pro Duo card after a night of playing.

I expect first run through for me to be like 70 hours and then after if i play again i'll do all the 50 side quests, i've done a few but really didn't even think about em and don't really wanna go back to say Yukiko's castle and such; heck can't even find the guy that wanted the Demon Statue anymore as its the 2nd term of school for me now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.