Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 10, 2008

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 is a role-playing game developed and published by Atlus for the PlayStation 2. It is chronologically the fifth installment in the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series. Like its predecessor, its gameplay combines a traditional role-playing game with elements of a social simulation. Its critical and commercial success spawned a sizable media empire, including several spinoff titles.

Your personal faves (Possible spoilers)

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By babblinmule

Since theres seems to be a wide range of opinions regarding which characters people love and hate, I pose this question to the masses to settle the 'debate'.

Who are your favourite and most hated characters in Persona 4?

My fave was definitley Rise because that girl was just caraaaaazy, whilst my most hated would hands down have to be ol Mitsou Kubo - that kid honestly scared the bejesus out of me everytime he was on screen.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Man, I hated Mitsuo so much.

Murray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Murray

Mitsuo and Teddie... Mitsuo is just some crazed idiot, and Teddie... he is sooo annoying..

trav3ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By trav3ler

Faves:

Teddie when he's still a bear, because he's adorable and i empathize with his soul-searching quest thing he's going on
    Chie because she's accidentally hilarious so often, and IMO the best fighter in the game (at least the way I play)
    Naoto because she's crazy awesome, a detective, and... well, she's hot.
    Nanako because she's absolutely fucking adorable
    Kou because he has hands down the best line in the game (you know which one I'm talking about)
    FUNKY STUDENT

Hated:
    Teddie when he's human, because he gets annoying very quickly with his obsession with "scoring"
    Yosuke because he's a whiny bitch.
    Namatame because he's crazy, and not in a good way - its true he's been taken advantage of, but he kind of reminds me of a Scientologist with his obsession with saving people.
    Kashiwagi because she's just plain annoying and doesnt really serve that much of a purpose storywise

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond
    DANGEROUSLY SUPER SPOILERY AHEAD!

Faves :
    Yukiko because I can recognize her personality, and I like her hair and the way she dresses.
    Yosuke because he reminds me of someone I used to know.
    Chie because she reminds me of 2 people I used to know, and she's nice and positive.
    Teddie because he's funny and kind of a sad character that found happiness.
    Namatame, redemption is always a great story element.  Believable character.  He's crazy but not evil.
    Nanako, holy shit the house is depressing when she's not there ;_;
    Dojima, great father character.  Good characterization, interesting motivations.
    Ai, starts off kind of like a valley girl self cenetered bitch, but her story is really good, and I can kind of relate to her.
    Kanji, another well fleshed out character.  He's just really insecure.

Hated :
    Naoto, I don't hate Naoto, but I don't really like her at all.  She's just 'smart'.  Besides being insecure and trying to get ahead, she doesn't have a whole lot of depth.
    Rise, don't hate her either, but she's just kind of a bubbly slut, kind of a weak character in some ways.
    Mitsuo, crazy character without enough real motivation.  They should have explored why he became a psycho.
    Adachi, another character gone mad without enough good motivation.  They should explore the crazy characters more.  Whether it be with compassion or something like a horror movie.  Just add some depth, make them more than 'an evil bastard'.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Red

Loved:

Rise: Perky and fun. Also pretty friggin' funny.
    Nanako: She says "welcome home" when I come home.
    Teddie: Hilarious.
    Kanji: Awesome guy.
    Naoto: Makes you think. A little too shemale-y for me though.
    Dojima: Intense
    Adachi: Sadistic villain, but a good one.
    Namatame: I hated this guy so much. I wanted to kill him, but he was actually a pretty cool guy.\
    Ai: Starts off as stuck-up, but after you get about half-way through her social link, she gets more and more awesome and relatable.
    Mysterious Fox: *yip*
    Funky Student: How could you not?

Hated:
    Chie: just kinda annoying and whiny.
    Yosuke: He was pretty awesome at the start of the game, but near the end he just couldn't stop whining. Dude was going to kill Namatame; you can't always do what you want.
    Yukiko: Really bland. I also consider her the key culprit in the creation of the "Mystery Food X"
    Hanako: How could you not?
    Mitsuo: I wanted to punch this guy in the face from the first time he came up until the end.

GregIsRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GregIsRad

Gotta be Mitsuo. I remember seeing him at the beginning of the game and being freaked out at his eyes.

THEN, I remember playing the game at 4AM, and having his face pop up on the screen. Jesus christ. He and Izanami chilled me to the bone.

cygnus_x89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By cygnus_x89

Loved:
    Yukiko - I could kind of relate to her character progression. At least to the whole "breaking out of the shell" aspect. My most favorite character of the game.
    Chie - There was never a dull moment with her. Second favorite character.
    Yosuke - Knew how to get under peoples' skin which created some interesting and memorable moments in the game.
    Rise - Like Chie, never a dull moment.
    Kanji - I felt he was the only character that was capable of getting straight to the point of the matter.
    Naoto - She was very key in solving the case. Perhaps I would of liked her more if I was able to do the social link with her.
    Nanako - The youngest mature character I have ever come acrossed in a video game.
    Dojima - A very awkward father figure but he always meant well.
    Teddie - He was a hit or miss for me but I never outright hated him. Annoying is a better fit (at least when he was in human form).
    Funky Student - He blew my mind with his riddles.
    Mysterious Fox - Leaves.

Hated:
    King Moron - The design of this character is obviously meant for us to hate him from the start.
    Mitsuo - Scumbag.
    Adachi - Scumbag on a higher degree.
    Saki Konishi - No, I don't think she deserved to die, I just hate two faced people.
    Hanako - The most delusional character of the game.
    Noriko - Who let that cougar out of her cage?
    Izanami - Chie said it the best, "Stop assuming you know us!"
    2 Girls working at Junes - DO YOUR JOB YOU LAZY BITCHES!!!

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Coltonio7

Kanji was always my favourite character. Weirdly relateable.

Naoto got on my nerves, but I can't say there was a character I really hated.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Cathryn

Favourites:
    Dojima - because he's a kind've badass detective and a good father figure all at the same time, despite his flaws
    Yukiko - because she's feminine and intelligent and badass.  One of the best female characters I've ever seen in a game.  Her badassness is nice and subtle and not overbearing
    Rise - for many of the same reasons why I like Yukiko.  I often don't like super girly characters, but she had a lot of unexpected depth
    Kou and Daisuke - Their social link stuff was really fun, even though I never finished the link, I wish I could have because they were cool.  I restarted the game after going through about 20 hours and went with soccer instead of basketball like I did the first time, and basketball was more interesting, but I still like both of these characters a lot.
    Nanako - I was kind've ambivalent about her at first, but once she went into the hospital and I came home to an empty house every evening, I realized how much I missed her saying hello to me every day.

Disliked and/or found annoying:
    Chie - I tend to not like OMG DEFENDER OF JUSTICE characters, I like them to be a little more grey area than she is
    The drama club girl - oh god, cry more please
    Teddie - he mainly annoyed me.  I hated the sound of his footsteps whenever I took him out, which was a lot, because he became part of my final party.  He had his moments, but overall I wound up not liking him all that much.

Characters that I was torn about:
    Yosuke - I liked Yosuke and I didn't.  He is the Persona 4 equivalent of Junpei in Persona 3 (at least characterwise -- in battle he's more like Akihiko), but a lot less foppish.  I kind've missed the fop aspects.  Also really disliked the way they made him rag on Kanji's sexuality all the time for awhile there.
    Kanji - Sometimes I loved Kanji and sometimes I didn't.  I really disliked the way they handled his sexuality and it made him a little bit creepy.  I would've prefered that they either made him gay or took out the sexuality stuff, all of Yosuke's weirdness about the whole thing made me a bit uncomfortable.  But then, it is a Japanese game, so I can kind've understand why they handled it the way they did.  Also, I almost never fought with him, he totally didn't suit my play style.
    Naoto - I think I would have liked Naoto a lot better had I been able to finish the social link, but I wasn't and she just seemed really incomplete to me.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Vorbis

Favourites:
    Rise - Too cute, especially when she squeels, also her drunken PERONNNA scream. Her christmas eve text message was great too.
    Yukiko - Started off quite dull but was good to see her loosen up over the storyline (KINGS GAME), turned me around.
    Kanji - Says what he thinks and its usually funny.
    Teddie - Bear only, very funny (Shoo bee doo bee).
    Adachi - He was a good character until the end and then he got better.
    Chie - Think Jeff can explain this one.
    Female Student  - On the first floor by the lockers, she was always so nice, I wanted a social link with her!

Disliked:
    Naoto - Never really loosens up in the group scenes, lose the hat.
    Nanako - Yes, someone told me when I was halfway through the game that she was the killer, so I spent 40hours trying to work out how it was possible, drove me nuts.
    Yumi - Sorry, too much drama for me.
    Hanako - Her sitting in Soujis seat at the end was just creepy.
    Teddie - As a human I found him annoying, only seemed to be hitting on the(my) girls.
    Ai - For how she treated Rise when they clashed in Okina.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Disgaeamad
    Diamond said:
    "Adachi, another character gone mad without enough good motivation.  They should explore the crazy characters more.  Whether it be with compassion or something like a horror movie.  Just add some depth, make them more than 'an evil bastard'."
    His motivation was that he got bored and wanted to stir shit up. Personally, I think that's pretty awesome.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#13  Edited By the8bitNacho

Loved:
    Rise for her social link storyline and just for being a fun character
    Yukiko for being a pretty complex character
    Yosuke because it's difficult to dislike him and still like the game.  He's basically the main character.
    Nanako because she's just so darned cute.
    Teddie because...well who doesn't love Teddie?

Hated:
    The slutty teacher and Hanako
    King Moron
    Mitsuo.  Oh God, his eyes!
    The rude ass press covering the Amagi Inn and pestering Yukiko.  They need to burn.
    Kanji.  He annoyed me to no end.
    Naoto just seemed bland.

Splitterguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 78

#14  Edited By Splitterguy

*POSSIBLE SPOILERS MAYBE?*
    Loved
    Chie: "GALACTIC PUNT!".  Says it all, really.
    Yukiko: I related to her on a personal level because of the whole Amagi Inn sub-plot (though I'm inheriting an apartment building rather than an inn).
    Yosuke: He's a great all around character, as well as the best acted character.
    Teddie: Though he's a little annoying at first and some of his Social Link stuff kind of sucks, he's hilarious!
    Nanako: Welcome home, big bro!
    Dojima: Though kind of boring in the main story, Dojima has a fantastic sub-plot.
    Naoto: Because her Christmas Eve scene was adorable.
    Adachi: I was definately surprised to find out he was the murderer, and he had some interesting things to say...he's a good villain.  Also, he loves cabbage.
    Kanji: Great character.
    Rise: I hated her at first, but she grew on me.  She sucks during battles though.
    Margret: An intersesting character, particularly once you finish her S.Link.
    Kou: He loves them balls.  Plus, his Social Link ended up being really cool.

Hated
    Pretty much everyone in town: I have absolutely no motivation for needing this, but can you find me some hard boots?  If you could that would be great.  I think you could find it someplace HOT AND HUMID.  Why won't I find it?  Well, clearly I'm too busy blankly staring into space to do it myself.  I HATED the townspeople.
    Mysterious Fox: Everything he gives you is an annoying, painstakingly slow side quest, and you only get a discount out of helping him.  Why does he need to charge you in the first place?!  I'm saving the ****ing world, fox!  I don't HAVE 30,000 yen!!!
    Sayoko (the nurse): Annoying.  She's just...agh!  The whole "WHY DOES EVERYONE LEAVE ME?!?!" thing just made me want to punch her.
    The young mother: The worst mother in the world.  Ever.
    Ai: She just sucks.  That's all there is to it.
    Yumi: Just like Sayoko, I got really, REALLY annoyed at her character.  So damned self-absorbed.
    Ayane: She also just kind of sucks.  Though to a lesser extent than Ai.
    Daisuke: Kind of pathetic, and his story was WAY too cheesy for me.
    The stray cat: I DON'T WANT TO FEED THAT STUPID CAT ANYMORE.  WHY DO I FEEL COMPELLED TO?!
    Nice Guy and Tough Guy: Remember these guys from the Kanji boss fight?  I don't know why but they annoyed me beyond belief.
    Naoto's Tie: I don't know why exactly, but something about that tie just rubs me the wrong way...

RLLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RLLink

Loved:
    Yukiko - She's really awesome as well
    Kanji - Pretty cool guy.
    Rise - Really funny character, imo.
    Chie - Silly all around
    Nanako-chan - Love her, she's just too adorable.
    Naoto - Christmas Eve... awesome.
    Dojima - Awesome father/detective.
    Adachi - Good villain in my opinion. The things he said before the fight was pretty awesome.
    Kou and Daisuke - Pretty chill guys to hang around with.

Neutral:
    Teddie - Got on my nerves quite a bit, but he was funny at times. Although, I did love his ending speech on the true ending(or was it on the normal ending as well?)

Hated:
    Mitsuo - Can someone just shut this idiot up before the boss fight?
    King Moron - I was honestly glad that he died. He fit the "too stupid to live" role.
    Yosuke - The way he kept reacting to Kanji got on my nerves. Obviously he didn't comprehend what Kanji was really feeling. That, and his asshole moments got a tad annoying.
    Hanako - -_-

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adachi's cabbage loving ass was fantastic, His Izanagi was pretty bad-ass too.

He's so awesome we made an Adachi appreciation forum over at Creepypasta.com's forum

http://www.creepypasta.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=22

Other than that, how could you not love Chie. I'm on my second playthrough and it kinda feels dirty that I'm gonna have to try to hook up with one of the other girl's too see something new.
    Then again, I could always go for the sausage party.
    I also have a mancrush on Kanji.

I really didn't like Sayako's turn in the S.link about halfway through. At first it was fun, but then she got all melodramatic and somber.
    Yuki was a self-absorbed bitch. I wanted to quit her. Especially now on my second playthrough when I keep trying to boost Ayane's confidence. She's so sweet ^_^

Avatar image for akasofailsongiantbomb
    AkasoFailsOnGiantBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TeflonBilly said:
    " I keep trying to boost Ayane's confidence. She's so sweet ^_^ "
    Man, fricking high-five, couldn't agree with you more. You see a girl like Ayane, you just want her to succeed, you know?

Aside from that, Chie is pretty fricking awesome, and I related with Kanji more than any other video game character. Seriously. Teddie starts being a little ball of win after he gets his persona, as well.

On the other hand, Rise's kind of annoying, and Yukiko's really bland. Pretty much all of the murder suspects were unlikable, as well. The fact that you only really killed one of them (Izanagi) ticked me off.

And the less said about Yumi, the better.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By LiquidPrince

Every one I absolutely loved except Mitsuo and Moraoka.

amino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By amino

Like:
    Margaret-I like her dress,voice and she is beautiful.I hope I could have girlfriend like her:P
    Mysterious fox-Its social link help a lot for battle because I can level up quickly by getting Haikara shirt and Musashi shinai by trading with Guardian fish.Guardian fish can only be caught when Fox social link is Rank 9.
    Tutored student-Only 1 reason I love this character.His social link(Tower) help me fusing Yoshitsune,the most bad ass persona.

Dislike:
    Hanako-Ugly!Fatty!And so on...
    Mitsuo-What an irritating psycho!
    Rise-She speaks too much in the battle,forcing me to turn the voice off.
    Yumi-Very annoying especially in the hospital.

Goren11189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Goren11189

Like: I loved Nanako because she was just sweet, I also liked king Moron cos I found him to be hilarious (if really pervy), also funky student and mysterious fox ftw!!!
    Dislike: Teddie- I just found him to be really annoying. His voice really got to me and I really don't know why.

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By eldiax

My favourites are Nanako, Dojima and Kanji.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Liked: Nanako, Mitsuo and Adachi (even at the end)
    Disliked: Kinshiro Morooka

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Daroki
    @Cathryn said:
    "Yosuke - I liked Yosuke and I didn't.  He is the Persona 4 equivalent of Junpei in Persona 3 (at least characterwise -- in battle he's more like Akihiko), but a lot less foppish.."
    Yosuke couldn't hold Junpei's jock.  L)  (Junpei Iori in my opinion was the best character in P3 and P4 combined, although I thought the cast was stronger in 4 overall.  By far the deepest and most conflicted character in S.E.E.S.)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Daroki said:
    "@Cathryn said:
    "Yosuke - I liked Yosuke and I didn't.  He is the Persona 4 equivalent of Junpei in Persona 3 (at least characterwise -- in battle he's more like Akihiko), but a lot less foppish.."
    Yosuke couldn't hold Junpei's jock.  L)  (Junpei Iori in my opinion was the best character in P3 and P4 combined, although I thought the cast was stronger in 4 overall.  By far the deepest and most conflicted character in S.E.E.S.)"

Junpei was great as a character, but I really hated him.  That asshole repetitively went against the team, being jealous of the main character (first time was when he rushed forward in the train, leaving the MC and Yukari behind).  He constantly acted like a dick towards the MC because he wasn't the superior one, only to apologize later on.  Yosuke was a much better friend to the MC, calling him partner and having no problem with him being the leader.  So personally I prefer Yosuke, but Junpei's character development with Chidori and with his internal conflict was way better than Yosuke talking about Saki Konishi all the damn time and raging when she is mentioned.
    Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nasar7

I didn't dislike any of the characters except for Mitsuo, who was just pathetic and out of touch with reality, and Yosuke, just because I know people like him in real life who I dislike and he's always being an ass towards Kanji.

My favorite social links were Nanako's, Dojima's, and Kanji's. They were very well written and mature.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Nasar7: I don't think Mitsuo was out of touch with reality.  It's more like he had enough of it, kind of like the real criminal.
    SaraHysaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SaraHysaro
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    "Liked: Nanako, Mitsuo and Adachi (even at the end) Disliked: Kinshiro Morooka "

Whew! For a second I thought I was the only one who liked Mitsuo as a character. I mean...a teen who was so creepy he was ignored, so lonely he tried to escape reality by playing games at the arcade...in the end he, much like a young child, wanted attention, and any kind was good enough for him. He saw his chance and he jumped at it.

That's my interpretation of him anyway. It explains the baby/fetus thing- he was socially and emotionally stunted. I have to wonder what his home life was like...if he lived in a normal household or not. I don't think his parents were abusive. On the contrary, I think they were kind but not really around as much as they could have been, or let the TV watch him since he was born. Eh, maybe I'm just overthinking him since he really wasn't explained very explicitly. It was more subtle.

Anyways...I liked pretty much every character except for Mrs. Kashiwagi and Hanako. Not really crazy about Ai though, nor Eri.
    FatalError

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FatalError

Well I didn't have any problem with any of the characters aside from Kashiwagi and Hanako.

Kashiwagi was just creepy.

And Hanoko doesn't  need any explaining.

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Disgaeamad
    @Diamond said:
    " DANGEROUSLY SUPER SPOILERY AHEAD!

.Adachi, another character gone mad without enough good motivation.  They should explore the crazy characters more.  Whether it be with compassion or something like a horror movie.  Just add some depth, make them more than 'an evil bastard'. "
    Adachi didn't go mad, he thought Inaba was too boring so he stirred some shit up for shits and giggles. Personally, I think that's better than some forced drama to justify his actions.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@SaraHysaro said:

"@FluxWaveZ said:
    "Liked: Nanako, Mitsuo and Adachi (even at the end) Disliked: Kinshiro Morooka "
    Whew! For a second I thought I was the only one who liked Mitsuo as a character. I mean...a teen who was so creepy he was ignored, so lonely he tried to escape reality by playing games at the arcade...in the end he, much like a young child, wanted attention, and any kind was good enough for him. He saw his chance and he jumped at it.That's my interpretation of him anyway. It explains the baby/fetus thing- he was socially and emotionally stunted. I have to wonder what his home life was like...if he lived in a normal household or not. I don't think his parents were abusive. On the contrary, I think they were kind but not really around as much as they could have been, or let the TV watch him since he was born. Eh, maybe I'm just overthinking him since he really wasn't explained very explicitly. It was more subtle.Anyways...I liked pretty much every character except for Mrs. Kashiwagi and Hanako. Not really crazy about Ai though, nor Eri. "

That's also pretty much how I saw Mitsuo and I felt sumpathy towards him.  What would have been great is if you could have established a social link with him afterwards to have a better understanding of him, but that didn't happen.  He just wanted to be in the spotlight for once and not be ignored/alone all the time.  But as his shadow represented him, a baby, he is immature and is acting like a baby since he wants all the attention.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cathryn
    @Daroki said:
    " @Cathryn said:
    Yosuke couldn't hold Junpei's jock.  L)  (Junpei Iori in my opinion was the best character in P3 and P4 combined, although I thought the cast was stronger in 4 overall.  By far the deepest and most conflicted character in S.E.E.S.) "
    Late reply is late.  Junpei isn't my favourite P3/P4 character (Akihiko and Shinji are my favourites), but I do like him a lot better than Yosuke.  While Junpei is far more complex characterwise, they do both play that role of conflicted best friend to the protagonist.  Although Junpei really does have a lot more going on and is far more important to the story of P3 than Yosuke is to the story of P4.  Really, I like P3's main characters better than those in P4 all around.  They all have more interesting problems -- although they're all a lot more messed up than your typical group of teenagers.
    Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Daroki
    @Cathryn said:
    "@Daroki said:
    " @Cathryn said:
    Yosuke couldn't hold Junpei's jock.  L)  (Junpei Iori in my opinion was the best character in P3 and P4 combined, although I thought the cast was stronger in 4 overall.  By far the deepest and most conflicted character in S.E.E.S.) "
    Late reply is late.  Junpei isn't my favourite P3/P4 character (Akihiko and Shinji are my favourites), but I do like him a lot better than Yosuke.  While Junpei is far more complex characterwise, they do both play that role of conflicted best friend to the protagonist.  Although Junpei really does have a lot more going on and is far more important to the story of P3 than Yosuke is to the story of P4.  Really, I like P3's main characters better than those in P4 all around.  They all have more interesting problems -- although they're all a lot more messed up than your typical group of teenagers."

Late reply is cool.  :)

I didn't say that Junpei was my favorite character, but in my opinion he was the best written one.  He had a ton going on and as much grief as he gave, you could almost understand it.  He was Stupei with the alcoholic father who pissed himself during his first shadow attack and had a chance to rise up only to have the MC always being superior due to his talent.  Found someone he loved enough to die protecting and that reciprocated by dying to save him, leaving him more conflicted and alone than before, even in a crowd. 

I don't mind that he gave the MC grief nearly as much as I want to bitchslap Yosuke sometimes when he's in conversation with Kanji. 
    King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33  Edited By King9999
    Kanji: I like the way he was portrayed...very different from other RPGs.  He had a lot of funny lines too.

Teddie: Funny lines and a very useful person to have in combat.  He killed it during the Culture Festival.

Chie: She's the kind of girl you wish you had in real life.

Rise: way better than Fuuka.  Also, "Kiiiiing's Game!"

Adachi: I liked him as the suspect.  He's the most dangerous type of criminal: the chaotic kind.  He's like the Joker from Dark Knight, except he makes things up as he goes along and watches them unfold behind the scenes.

Hate
    Morooka: Naturally, you're supposed to hate a character like this.
    Mitsuo: same with this guy.
    Hanako: same with this girl.
    Ms. Kashiwagi: same with her.
    Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cathryn
    @Daroki said:
    Late reply is cool.  :)
    I don't mind that he gave the MC grief nearly as much as I want to bitchslap Yosuke sometimes when he's in conversation with Kanji.  "
    Glad you don't hold my ridiculous inability to log in to this website against me ;D

I agree with that 100%.  Junpei's jealousy of the MC in P3 was annoying at times, but it didn't bother me nearly as much as Yosuke's attitude toward Kanji.  That's the root of my dislike for Yosuke, really.  I wanted to like him because of his archetype, but just couldn't deal with all the sexuality jibes.  His whining about Saki Konishi also bothered me, but was really nothing compared to the homophobia.
    natsumesosexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By natsumesosexy

I have nothing but love for all those characters.  I even liked hating Mitsuo, Morooka, Hanako, etc.  I suppose if I had to pick favorites, I'd go with Chie, Dojima, Nanako, and Naoto, but really, I couldn't ask for a better cast of characters.  Persona 4 had a sentimental do-rama feel to it, for sure, but despite cartoonish flourishes of aidoru, child detectives, and a talking teddy bear, I don't think I've met a more relatable, charming, and simply honest group of video game characters.  They had less conspicuous baggage than the cast of Persona 3, but I thought that ultimately made their problems  a lot more human and genuinely teenage than 3's thematic pretensions.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.