Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Shu Takumi

Person » credited in 12 games

A game designer and writer at Capcom who is the creator of the Ace Attorney series.

Someone want to Lament the lack of new IPs from the Ace Attorney team?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

It's one of those things where it would make me feel better and less crazy if other people acknowledged how absurd it is that after releasing the delightful Ghost Trick (GotY 2011), director Shu Takumi and his team went back to Ace Attorney for going on 7 or 8-ish years now. To be fair, AA is a great franchise too, but you guys clearly have some creative juices that need to be let loose rather than trying to make newer and better versions of the same old thing.

I dunno...I guess I'm just that guy yelling at the clouds, but it would be nice if someone else shared in the pain.

No Caption Provided

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Me, me! It would be pretty amazing to see another new IP out from them, especially since Ghost Trick was fantastic. Here's hoping for something soon, maybe on the Switch.

That being said I will admit that I will also just throw money at them if they put out another AA, especially if they finally give Athena the spotlight, so I guess I'm part of the problem too.

cubidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I mostly love and occasionally hate Ace Attorney, but it would nice to see a new game from them. Ghost Trick was a great new game until I encountered a game breaking bug and couldn't continue. That is the only game ending bug I have ever encountered, which is pretty weird considering how simplistic the game is. But I would still love something new and original from this team.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zeik

I was going to say Shu Takumi hasn't worked on AA since Wright vs Layton (which was sadly pretty mediocre), but turns out he did work those recent "Great Ace Attorney" spin-offs too. So I guess he hasn't had time for anything else.

But yes, no follow-up to Ghost Trick is tragic. I'd love to see more stuff like that from Takumi. I guess I don't actually know how good those spin-offs are, but WvL definitely left me feeling like Takumi had way more of a creative spark for something new like Ghost Trickthan more AA.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I thought I was all for more Ace Attorney until Spirit of Justice. I found the whole "Kingdom of Spirit Channelers" conceit a little lame, and the rest of the game revealed how entangled the series might be in its own characters and lore. It feels like the game itself acknowledges this, given that they damn near write out Apollo at the end, which feels like a bit of an inglorious end for him after originally being the "new" protagonist. Also, as a side-note, Sadmadhi is maybe the single worst "rival" prosecutor in the series, with the possible exception of Bertram from the Professor Layton crossover.

But, uh, yeah. I think I'd like to see something new from that team, since there's not a snowball's chance in hell of a new Ghost Trick or The Great Ace Attorney making its way over here. Well, I guess there's a fan translation that's almost done, but it seems like they're going for the kind of stiff, overly-literal style that kinda misses the point. It's a pity too, since I think the fan translation of the second Edgeworth game is borderline-professional in how well it nails the tone of the series' english localization, complete with its own bad pun names.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you guys... I'm not alone. So there's that.

SimplyFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really bummed the Great Ace Attorney games didn't make it over, which is definitely cutting into the content of his we get. I would definitely be interested in a new series; perhaps using the ending of PW: Spirit of Justice as a springboard?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.