Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 21, 2010

Civilization V brings brand new gameplay elements to this beloved franchise, while maintaining the "just one more turn" mentality.

We should organize some multiplayer matches

ribeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By ribeye

I just fired up Civ last night for the first time in a while, that game sucks me in so hard i seriously hardly play it, it's always 3am minimum work night or not. As of this writing I have yet to win even one round of Civ5, but I have played Civ's 3 & 4.... 

How can we organize some kind of matchmaking here on GB and get some organized matches going? My play time is limited and I'm sure yours is too, might be pretty tricky with everyone's schedules but there's gotta be a way. I would love to play a ridiculously long, on-going match of Civ like night after night or on whatever schedule with a buncha people, I think that would be awesome!  I'm not a super-pro or anything, but I can usually beat it on the default difficulty if that helps, I don't think I've ever in my life actually finished a multiplayer game of Civ

So anyway, maybe we could start by posting when you're available to play (and your timezone!) and we'll take it from there? How can we determine skill level after that? Is there any built-in matchmaking? I'm seriously still getting my feet wet with Civ5 

I can play pretty much any night from 9 o'clock on (central time, GMT-6) and with normal games I'm usually up until 12:30-ish but with Civ (possibly, probably) a little later than that even 

So whaddya' think? Anyone wanna play?

thwak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By thwak

I'm up for it, I'll love to stomp opponents with some intelligence for a change.

Prims777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Prims777

add me on steam and we can play when we're both online SociallyAwkwardSharktopus

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.