Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

SimCity

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

The fifth major installment of the SimCity franchise is a new take on the old city simulation formula. It features asynchronous multiplayer as well as Maxis' new Glassbox engine, allowing for real time customization and upgrading of buildings.

Standard edition of Sim City not available on Amazon

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Not entirely sure what the reason is of course, but it is currently impossible to buy the standard version of Sim City on Amazon. The standard edition of the game is listed as not being available even though it is a download.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact it is sitting at 1 star with nearly 1,000 reviews in?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Might have to do with the notice they have posted right on the page.

Important Note on "SimCity"

Many customers are having issues connecting to the "SimCity" servers.

EA is actively working to resolve these issues, but at this time we do not know when the issue will be fixe

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By excast
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@excast said:

@the_laughing_man: Yeah, but the limited edition is still showing up as available.

I am seeing it is that you can order the disk/box version but not a digital version.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I imagine Amazon just pulled it after getting so many complaints. It's not worth their time selling a broken product and then having to process the refund requests. Hopefully the perma-one-star review on one of their biggest games on Amazon will teach EA something. I can't imagine they could come back from 1000 one-star reviews to ever have a decent ranking.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Now the boxed copy isn't available from Amazon either.

Does that mean if I sell an unopened copy on Ebay, I can list it as 'rare'?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@cameron said:

I imagine Amazon just pulled it after getting so many complaints. It's not worth their time selling a broken product and then having to process the refund requests. Hopefully the perma-one-star review on one of their biggest games on Amazon will teach EA something. I can't imagine they could come back from 1000 one-star reviews to ever have a decent ranking.

Man, I was just looking at those reviews. People are going crazy over there. Then there's like 25 five star reviews, and all of those that I glanced through were sarcastic reviews praising the game as the ultimate waiting simulator. It's officially gotten ugly. And here I thought this whole thing would blow over a couple of days after release.

Molenator85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well I'm having a good time with the game at least.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sanity

Game worked ok for me the first day, but since then i'v had nothing but issues. i like the game its self but this is getting crazy. Might try amazon for a refund for the hell of it though i know there return policy on digital goods. Its a shame as i enjoyed my time with the game when its worked.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Cameron

@cameron said:

Man, I was just looking at those reviews. People are going crazy over there. Then there's like 25 five star reviews, and all of those that I glanced through were sarcastic reviews praising the game as the ultimate waiting simulator. It's officially gotten ugly. And here I thought this whole thing would blow over a couple of days after release.

I just can't see it ever recovering on Amazon. There are way too many terrible reviews. It might have blown over if they had shown any ability to fix the problem, instead, it actually seems to have gotten worse over time. I was able to play for a bit on day one, I got to the region browser before it stopped yesterday, and today I can't even get past the title screen. It's getting crazy that it has been three days and they haven't made any progress.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know i was one of the people here kinda sticking my neck out for Simcity, but i had my fill. I realize this will most likely me solved in a week but i dont even want to play the damn thing anymore.

Amazon gave me a refund, glad i got it from them as there always great to deal with. Shame as like i said i like the game but i dont really want to screw with it, lost saves and server outages have basically put a damper on any fun i had. Props to Amazon though as they made a exception as they normally dont give any returns on digital purchases. I think i may pick up MLB: The Show 13 instead, really think im going to start staying clear of EA games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.