Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Skate 3

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released May 11, 2010

Skate 3 features a cooperative career mode, new tricks, a robust set of community features, and a suite of creation tools for logos, films, and skate parks.

EA announces skate 3 and skate.Create

najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By najaf

Quote from EA's website:  
    "The franchise also continues to raise the bar for user created content with the skate.Create feature suite, an innovative  toolset that empowers gamers to truly express their skate style by creating their own graphics, videos, and skate parks."

Those last two words are what I have been waiting for in the Skate franchise. Some may call this game 'too soon', but as I see it, there is a brand new world to skate and the ability to craft my own skateparks. 

That feature alone will add almost infinite replayability provided that the share and review systems are in place properly. Label me excited for May '10.

najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By najaf

Quote from EA's website:  
    "The franchise also continues to raise the bar for user created content with the skate.Create feature suite, an innovative  toolset that empowers gamers to truly express their skate style by creating their own graphics, videos, and skate parks."

Those last two words are what I have been waiting for in the Skate franchise. Some may call this game 'too soon', but as I see it, there is a brand new world to skate and the ability to craft my own skateparks. 

That feature alone will add almost infinite replayability provided that the share and review systems are in place properly. Label me excited for May '10.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By dethfish

I do think it's too soon since I'm still playing Skate 2 but building your own skate parks is gonna be awesome. That's one of the few things I thought was missing from Skate 2. I hope they don't change a whole lot of stuff, Skate 2 was near perfect in my opinion.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Druminator

Just as I was starting to finally get burnt on Skate 3. Making a skate park is going to beat the hell out of moving stuff around.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JoelTGM

I was just thinking that I wanted to buy Skate 2 for my PS3 to play it again because I can't play my old copy on my dead 360, but now I can hold off and wait for Skate 3 :)   I don't know how much new stuff they could have added in such a short time, but being able to create a skate park will be great. 

najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By najaf
    @Druminator: Yes, I never quite understood the appeal of dragging that stuff around when you could throw in a "God hand" and more creation tools.
    Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Druminator
    @Najaf: I would like to see it return though along with the park creator so you can mess around while skating. I just hope they improve it like add stacking. I wonder if when you make a park you get to pick where it goes in the city or if you can only warp to them by map. I think it would be pretty cool to find vacant lots throughout the city that you can turn into parks.
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Jedted

I hope the advanced video editing features are standard this time and they don't make us pay $5 for something that should be in the original game.  Also i hope they have more freeskate activities for the casual skater, maybe some events like in the carrer mode where the player who gets the crowd riled up the most wins.  There's a lot they can do with the skate franchise and as long as they keep their own unique flavor they stand a good chance against Tony Hawk. 
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By Jedted
    @Druminator said:
    " @Najaf: I would like to see it return though along with the park creator so you can mess around while skating. I just hope they improve it like add stacking. I wonder if when you make a park you get to pick where it goes in the city or if you can only warp to them by map. I think it would be pretty cool to find vacant lots throughout the city that you can turn into parks. "

That that would be cool, if you wanna build your own skate park then you find a vacant lot and buy it with the money you earn from photo challenges.  I know i was bummed that in skate 2 i was able to earn over a million dollars but there were only TWO parks to buy(the Fun Track and the Monster Clubhouse). 

One more thing i forgot that i'd like to see in skate 3, DO SOMETHING WITH THE NPC SKATERS!!!!!!!  I always felt like they were just there to get in your way and didn't server any purpose.  Yeah you could points for skating over another skater but it wasn't like you could tell them "Hey, skate around this spot while i jump over you!". 
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rjayb89

I hope I can make voluptuous women this time.  God, all the women were practically twigs.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By dethfish
    @Druminator said:
    " I think it would be pretty cool to find vacant lots throughout the city that you can turn into parks. "
    I think that's a great idea. 

I hope things you move around stay where you put them in Skate 3. Sometimes I make these pretty awesome skating areas with all kinds of shit I find lying around but as soon as I teleport somewhere else or turn off the game everything resets. It's frustrating.
    najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By najaf
    @rjayb89: Yes, and they all seemed to look a little coke'd up to me. (the female created skaters) Amped 3 had some pretty good female create a character models. Its a different style but they did let you change up the proportions if I remember correctly.  

I also would love an open color tool for everything from hoodies to shoes. The graphics creator fromt skate 2 was nice, but there is room to grow.
    eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By eric_buck

Bet you anything the create a skatepark feature will be a glitchy piece of crap.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By Ineedaname
    @Eric_Buck said:
    " Bet you anything the create a skatepark feature will be a glitchy piece of crap. "
    Based on?
    najaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By najaf
    @Ineedaname: Yeah, I have high hopes for this feature. I mean, if THPS2 got it right to an extent, how hard can it be to create a current gen editor. My favorite editor to date is the Dave Mirra BMX editor. It had a magic rail function so you could attach rails to any object in the game. It also allowed for severe raising and lowering of ground level for big transitions. I really hope it is an all out editor and not simply a bunch of the assets from skate 2. Those quarter pipes and spines were pretty poor in my experience.
    Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeffery

Create-A-Skatepark(or whatever the hell its gonna be called)is probably gonna be a awesome idea.

Cant wait!
    CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By CastroCasper

Have they said anything else about this?

Avatar image for kevinthedeviant
    KevinTheDeviant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By KevinTheDeviant
    @Najaf:  Yeah, I had a blast with THPS2's editor, and Freestyle BMX 2 definitely added a lot of cool ideas. I felt like the later Tony Hawk games tried to do that, too, but it was clunky. You have to get the controls and camera stuff down for people to spend hours in it. The idea of a THPS2 style editor with some add-ons, coupled with Skate's physics? It has a good chance of being amazing. 

They have to work on the character creation, though. Damn. The first and second have some of the worst character creation systems I've seen in new games. No matter what you do, your guy's gonna' look like a neanderthal. It looks like they've made it a little better, and I'm hoping it was heavily overhauled. Aside from the facial details, I'm happy with being able to make graphics, and that looks to be a part of the park creation now, too. Really cool.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Raising the bar over 5 years after Tony Hawk did it. Sweet. Whatever, it still sounds good. I just hope they actually make Skate 3 a better game, instead of a janky sequel like Skate 2 was.

Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dirty_Harry

I love skate, and also i remember the good times i had with the Tony Hawk skate editor.

KevinTheDeviant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KevinTheDeviant

I really hope I can import my designs from Skate 2. Spent the last hour working on this. (Background's transparent.)

No Caption Provided
    Man, I can't wait for the updated editor.
    KevinTheDeviant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KevinTheDeviant

Hate to bump the topic, but I haven't seen this posted yet. New video showing off every aspect of the creator. Placement and scaling of custom logos on clothing, as well as color and theme edits for parks. They even show off a created megapark.

Velocity_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Velocity_Girl

Cant wait to start selling my boards, and shirts. Its been 5 years in the making.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.